Wood Round Wreath

 Welcome to Christmas in July at The Apple Street Cottage. It's always nice to get a head start on projects before the holiday rush begins.  Are you ready for the first project?  
Let's get started!
Wood round signs are everywhere and I decided to make one when I found these at a yard sale:
They are 15" wide and were 3 for a dollar.  Of course I took the picture after I got started - you know me! lol  
They are made of plywood, which made me happy since they were not too heavy - better for hanging.  To begin, I painted one with black spray paint and taped off half of it.  
Some spray adhesive was used to attach a piece of burlap.
The edges were trimmed and folded over the back.  Tacky glue was used to hold down those edges.
A piece of decorative burlap ribbon was added with a piece of satin ribbon on each edge to give it a more finished look.
I made a bow.
After fussing with it, the bow was glued on with tacky glue.  I used a small clamp to hold it in place while the glue dried.  
Design Space had 'Noel' in a beautiful font so I cut it on vinyl.
I applied it to the wood with transfer tape. (I use clear contact paper from the Dollar Store)
That was it. My project was done except for a way to hang it.  I used thumbtacks to hold some string for hanging.  Since the wood is thin, a staple may have gone all the way through.  Thumbtacks were the perfect solution!

Before you go, let me clarify a couple of things.  I realize it's July and Christmas ribbon may not be out in stores yet, although, you may only have to wait a week or two.  Ha!  That being said, this is a project that you can get started on now as long as you have a wood round, spray paint, and burlap.  The ribbon can be added later.  I just happened to have extra from last year.
I also realize that not everyone has a Cricut cutting machine.  The text can easily be added with stencils or vinyl stickers.  
So, are you ready to make a wood round wreath?

Be sure to stop back next week for my next Christmas in July project!



Featured at:














Comments

  1. Oh, I love this, it's so festive...and you're right. The Christmas ribbon should be out in the stores any day now. Sadly. Or not! 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim. Christmas arrives earlier and earlier in stores each year...maybe it's for all the crafters????

      Delete
  2. Ann,
    Love this as I have a few of those wood rounds myself!! So cute! Thanks for the inspiration!!! Shared on FB!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie. I'm so happy to hear I've inspired you!

      Delete
  3. Very pretty wreath! I like how you've done the ribbon in the center.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alexandra. Somehow, bows often turn out the way they want to...not necessarily how I planned, but I was pretty pleased with this one. I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
  4. Cute.Thank you for sharing on the Classy Flamingos Blog party. Have a wonderful week.
    poinsettiadr.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done. I love it. Thank you for sharing at #omhgww

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it, Clearissa. Thank you for hosting!

      Delete
  6. I love your idea! Burlap is so versatile - you can dress it up or dress it down:) Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Kathleen. I love the look of burlap and lace - that may be the next one!

      Delete
  7. Oh how gorgeous and I love the idea of using a wood round! Featuring when my link party opens up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol. I'm thrilled that it's being featured!

      Delete
  8. Ann, your Christmas in July gives us something to look forward to, not to mention cooler weather - LOL.
    Thanks for sharing at the FWF party.
    RR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rachelle. I think everyone could use a little cooler weather right now!

      Delete
  9. I love that you are getting an early start on Christmas Ann.
    Thank you for sharing this project at Create, Bake, Grow & Gather this week. I'm delighted to be featuring it at today's party.
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Break Out Those Wine Corks!

Wine Cork Wreath

How To Decoupage Dresser Drawers - With Napkins!

No More Polycrylic for My Tables!