Another Rocking Chair?

Last summer we stopped at a yard sale.   It was late in the day and the man wanted to get rid of the few things that were left.  This rocking chair had a price of $15 dollars and he was trying so hard to get me to buy it.  
If you know me, you know I LOVE rocking chairs and the last thing I need is another one ( I already own 3).  I mentioned this to the man and he dropped the price to $10.  I still told him, 'no', but he persisted!  
I finally looked at him and explained, 'I really don't need another rocking chair and, anyway, the most I would pay for it is $5.'  
He said, 'It's yours'. 
My husband said, 'For 5 bucks, get it.' Have I mentioned he might be an enabler??
He put it in the car.
I didn't look too bad, but when I got up close, I could see the finish was worn, there were some chips and dings, and some of the cross pieces were loose.  So, there was a little gluing, filling, and sanding.  Then two coats of chalk paint in Peacock.
I sealed the paint with polycrylic and recovered the seat in this paisley fabric:
TA-DAAAAA!  I am now the proud owner of a 4th rocking chair!
Anybody out there want to buy a rocking chair?  
I really don't need 4. 
And I really don't have the space for it...
Anybody?

Featured at:
Over the Moon












Snickerdoodle Create Bake Make








Creative Compulsions

Comments

  1. If I lived closer, absolutely! What a great buy...and a fabulous makeover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim. I think shipping would be outrageous! lol

      Delete
  2. Muy alegre y un gran cambio.
    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. I'm so glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  3. I adore old chairs and often buy them from rummage sales etc.... love your chair as well great find
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband likes to say that I never met a chair I didn't like! We may be kindred spirits...

      Delete
  4. That is a cute rocking chair! But I have no room either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beth....the problems we have!

      Delete
  5. Now that is a bargain, love the color.
    Have a great day,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was a bargain. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. You sure did get a great deal! That's funny about your husband being an enabler. Your makeover looks really nice! I'm visiting from Handmade Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Allyson. There's nothing better than a great deal...and an enabler! lol

      Delete
  7. This post (the title grabbed me - I saw it on Inspire Me Monday) made me feel so much better about my addiction to rescuing old furniture. I have two rockers in my unfinished basement that I saved from my neighbor's lawns on trash day. And once I finally find the time to refinish, do I have any room upstairs for them? Nope....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We definitely suffer from the same addiction, Jen. We should be neighbors!
      Thank you for stopping by - come back again, won't you?

      Delete
  8. How fun! Are the rest of your rocking chairs in bright colors, too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, they're not, Kim. One is pale green, another has a cherry finish, and the third, mahogany. I guess I like variety!

      Delete
  9. What a great find! It looks so nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks great - and what a bargain. I'm sure you could re-sell it through Facebook Marketplace or your local Buy and Sell and turn a nice little profit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Leanne and I may do that.

      Delete
  11. Ann,
    I have a weakness for chairs, it is an addiction. lol! You did it proud. Congratulations, you are being featured at Over The Moon Linky Party. I hope you stop by.
    https://www.eclecticredbarn.com/2020/03/over-moon-linky-party_8.html
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those beautiful new colors! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Blogger's Pit Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice post... It's look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, I also found one and I painted it a raspberry color and added a floral cushion. I completely understand the chair enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds beautiful, Gigi. My husband says I never met a chair I didn't like...we chair enthusiasts need to stick together!
      Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  15. I had 6. Finally donated 3. Glad I’m not alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You certainly are not. We should start a club! lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Break Out Those Wine Corks!

Wine Cork Wreath

How To Decoupage Dresser Drawers - With Napkins!

No More Polycrylic for My Tables!