Rosie is Ready to Help!

With all the talk about Coronavirus and Social Distancing, Rosie was sure to pick up on it.  Her first concern was she was going to get it.  When I explained to her that she didn't have lungs so there were no worries, she got very quiet.  I guess it took a bit to process that one!  But, I reassured her that she was safe. 
Her next thought?  She wanted to help.  Let's face it, she doesn't have lungs and she also doesn't have arms, legs, hands....you get the picture.  
But, I humored her and dug out a set of old scrubs from the early '80s when I worked at a hospital.  She immediately informed me they were an ugly and would not be wearing them until I found a way to make them pretty.
Have I mentioned she can be a handful??? And maybe a bit of a fashionista?
I gave her a pretty scarf and that seemed to satisfy her.
You'll also notice that she has a face mask.  It's one of the old cheap ones I used to use for woodwork and sanding.  Please don't tell her that.  I'll never hear the end of it!
I also provided her with a pair of vinyl gloves.  
Rosie is now waiting for the call to help at the local hospital.  
I don't have the heart to tell her it won't be coming...but, in the meantime, she is quite stylish with her 'Medical Professional Look'.
Don't you think? 
If this post made you smile or giggle, I have met my goal.  We are all social-distancing and some are getting a little stir-crazy.  I get it.  Please don't think for a second that I am 'making light' of the Covid-19 Pandemic.  Rest assured, I am not.  I live in the state of New York and no one understands the seriousness of this situation better than me, a New Yorker.  I applaud all of our medical professionals and their selflessness as they work tirelessly to fight this pandemic.
One more thing....If you haven't deep cleaned your entire house, cleaned and rearranged your kitchen cabinets and pantry, and organized every closet in your house, don't stress!  Neither have I and it's safe to say I won't.  Read that book, binge watch that show, let your kids be kids.  
Most importantly.....Stay safe and healthy!

To read more about Rosie - her story, her antics, her sassiness, please visit her Page.  Click HERE.



I hope you'll pin, share, comment, and follow.  If you click on those 3 little lines at the top left of the blog, you'll see where to find me...or click on the icon below to share.


Featured at:
Over the Moon

Comments

  1. Not to be confused with Rosie the Riveter. She is adorable too. We definitely have too much time on our hands. When I get crazy with creations, my husband threatens to find me another job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure do have time now! Hope you're staying safe and healthy.

      Delete
  2. Adorable and you did make me smile. Thank you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then my work is done! You are VERY welcome Kim.

      Delete
  3. Thank you sharing some Rosie fashion. You know you brought smiles.
    Hugs.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to hear this, Joy. I hope you are well!

      Delete
  4. YES! She does look quite stylish and I love your humor!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dee. I'm trying to cheer people up, if I can!

      Delete
  5. Ann,
    As a former nurse, I LOVE Rosie!! I too am trying to spread a little laughter and positivity with all that is going on. I am right by you in near by Pa. so I hear on what NY is going through....I am choosing to spread some joy in these trying times and I appreciate that you are to! I hope more Bloggers will follow your great example!! Thanks so much for stopping by!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie. The best part about blogging is we can share stories, and ideas without sharing germs!

      Delete
  6. Love your bit of levity! Rosie is also so springy looking! My creativity this week has resulted in spring flower arrangements in my front hall, and earrings and Christmas garlands to (eventually!) sell in my booth and for the church bazaar! The horrific stash of crash supplies I have is going to get put to good use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. I have a bit of a stash myself but I still worry about not having something I'll need!! lol

      Delete
  7. How funny! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ann,
    I love Rosie. We all need some laughter. Thanks for giving us Rosie. Congratulations, you are being featured at Over The Moon Linky Party. I hope you stop by.
    https://www.eclecticredbarn.com/2020/04/over-moon-linky-party_5.html
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my pleasure, Bev. We all have to take care of one another! Thank you so much for the feature.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Break Out Those Wine Corks!

Wine Cork Wreath

How To Decoupage Dresser Drawers - With Napkins!

No More Polycrylic for My Tables!