Gimme a Hand

Labor Day weekend and it's 51 degrees and pouring rain in our neck of the woods!  Yesterday was cool, but sunny, so I was able to cut some new projects, and tomorrow is supposed to be a warmer, sunnier day. Fingers crossed, since we're invited to a 'soiree' at the lake! 
For today, I wanted to share a great little yard sale find.  You don't see many of these, so when I spotted it, I HAD to have it!
The man having the yard sale said he had no idea what it was and asked me if I knew and, actually, I did!  
It's a glove form that was used in the factories, back in the day.  It's about 13 inches long and made of some kind of hardwood.  It has a hole for hanging as it probably hung on the wall with many others of different sizes.  
So, now it hangs on my wall, going into the kitchen.  I have no plans for it, it's just a great little conversation piece.  Here are a couple of close-ups of the fingers:


What great conversation pieces do you have?  Let me know in the comments - I love to hear the stories of unusual items!

Enjoy the rest of the long weekend, and, as always, thank you for stopping by!

Comments

  1. What a wonderful find and looks good on the wall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I always gravitate toward things that are different/out of the ordinary.
      I'm so glad you stopped by the Cottage - come back again soon!

      Delete
  2. What an interesting piece.I've never seen anything like it. Do you have long vintage gloves too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but I wish I did....some of them are absolutely gorgeous!
      Hope all is well with you...

      Delete
  3. That is an unusual piece. We have a few conversation starters. I anything old and rusty. My husband's favorite is a set of shark jaws with its rows of teeth. It never fails to fascinate any kids that come into his office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fun, especially when people don't know what they are!
      Thanks for stopping by, Donna.

      Delete
  4. What a great find, and it is truly a conversation piece. Thanks for sharing on Sunday's Best Linkup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rhonda. I just love finding little hidden treasures!

      Delete
  5. What a cool thing to have found. It makes great art for your wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie. I think it's much better than a picture!

      Delete
  6. I just love unique pieces like this! Thanks for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Break Out Those Wine Corks!

Wine Cork Wreath

How To Decoupage Dresser Drawers - With Napkins!

No More Polycrylic for My Tables!