Witch Hats

 Fall has arrived and the stores are full of decor for your home.  I came across some little triangles that I cut from pallet wood a few years ago.  The original plan was to make them into pine trees for Christmas decor.  Looking at them with 'new eyes' I came up with another plan - Witch Hats! 

This post may contain affiliate links.

Come on, let me show you!
In addition to the wood triangles, I pulled out some craft sticks.  They were a little longer than needed, so I traced the end of one at the length needed and trimmed it off with my mini hacksaw.
A little more trimming...
...and some sanding for a smooth finish.
The wood triangles were glued to the craft sticks, and when dry, they were painted black.
Some orange ribbon was cut and some anti-fray was applied to the edges. 
Next, the ribbon was glued around the brim of each hat.
I had just a small piece of ribbon leftover!
Because every well-dressed witch should have a little sparkle, it was time for some bling from my jewelry stash.
...and the three little witch hats were ready for their debut.
 

Have you started decorating for Halloween yet?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Glass Bowl Christmas Tree in 5 Easy Steps

Denim Flowers - Two Ways

Wine Bottle Wind Chime

The Book Witch