Lacey the Ghost
October is in full-swing and so are the fall crafts. If you read the past few posts of mine, you know I'm trying to use what I have to create new things.
Let me show you what I've been up to!
It all started with this embroidery hoop that's been in the closet for a few years now.
After two coats of white paint, it was set aside to dry.
I pulled this lace curtain panel out of the drawer.
Isn't the bottom edge beautiful?
Three squares (large enough to fit over the embroidery hoop) were cut from the top.
I sewed a running stitch through the bottom piece and gathered it.
Placed over the edge of the inside hoop.
It was then glued in place.
Since I really had to press down, my silicone finger protectors kept my fingers safe from burns.
The top hoop was added and tightened down.
Notice the string holding the hoops together? This hoop was missing it's screw. I later bent them down and retied it.
The excess fabric was trimmed along the back.
A little extra glue on the seam just as a safeguard.
Some lace trim along the edge.
I thought it was done...
Except I HATED it!
Nope! This was not looking ghostly at all!
So what's a gal to do?
Pull out another lace curtain panel, put it over the embroidery hoop, and glue it in place.
That gave it a much better drape (look).
Add two felt eyes.
And Lacey the Ghost was complete!
Boo!
A quick word about the lace curtain panels. Whenever I go to an estate sale, I always look for them. Why?
1. They are usually pretty inexpensive. I usually pay a dollar for one.
2. Often there is only one or people have made such a mess of things, you can only find one.
3. When it comes to craft projects, you often only need one, or in this case, one and a half!
Soooo, what have you been crafting for Halloween?



















Comments
Post a Comment