Repurposed Earplug Case

If you read my recent post, you know wearing these earplugs is now a must in my life.  Since they come in a great little plastic case, I decided it needed an upcycle rather than sending it to the recycle bin.  

It's quick.  

It's easy. 

And I think it came out darling.  

This post may contain affiliate links.

Welcome to the 'Do It Over' Designers blog hop. We are a group of bloggers who love to recycle/upcycle/DIY. I'm happy to host this hop and I hope you'll visit everyone to see what they have to share with you.  Please visit to see everyone's creativity. The links will be listed at the end of this post.

Here's what you'll need:

Plastic Case

Napkin

Sandpaper

Sponge brush

Mod Podge

Plastic wrap

Here's the little case with the napkin I chose.  The case is about 4" across.
I forgot to take a picture of the edge and latch, so here it is on a case still in use.
The first step is to use some sandpaper to scuff the surface.  This gives the Mod Podge and paper a better grip.
Next, separate your napkin layers.  You only want a single layer.
Starting with the top half of the case, apply a layer of Mod Podge with a sponge brush.
Add your single layer of the napkin and press down gently.
With a piece of plastic wrap, smooth any wrinkles and leave it to dry.
The edges were done next by applying Mod Podge... 
...and smoothing the napkin down over the edge.
Once dry, the edges were finished with an emery board.  You could also use a piece of sandpaper.
The process was repeated for the bottom of the case.  The only difference was leaving the edge that the top overlapped uncovered so the case would still close smoothly.
A better view of what I'm talking about:

The final step was giving the case a second coat of Mod Podge and smoothing it with a piece of plastic wrap.
The completed case:

So, what do you do with one of these cases?  Here are a few ideas:

Make it a gift:
The perfect size for Post-it Notes.
Store small craft supplies:
Or office supplies:
Jewelry storage, especially if you're traveling.
My personal favorite is storage for my Henry Rose perfume samples.  
If you're interested in a clean-alternative perfume, this is the perfume for you.  It is also dermatologist tested.  You can read their standards here.  
This is a perfume that lasts and little goes a long way.  I discovered Henry Rose a little over a year ago and can honestly say it's the only fragrance I will use now.

Check them out and if you think this is the fragrance choice for you, using this code will give you a $20 off coupon!  
 https://i.refs.cc/NYRdeiZ2


But, back to these little cases.  I'm sure there are lots of other ways to reuse them and I know I'll be the proud owner of several when all is said and done.  

So, tell me, what would you use this case for?

On to the blog hop! The rest of the team has some wonderful ideas to share with you.

Here are all the links - Enjoy!


Comments

  1. Ann, this is a great "Do Over"! Useful, pretty and tiny. I just love small containers of any kind. What a darling DIY. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea Ann! I love to decoupage, it just elevates everything. I was thinking this would be perfect to put in your purse, maybe a few tissues. No one would have a case like that for sure. The post-it note idea is perfection. I have a stash of them in our island, and I have been looking for the perfect way to keep them all together. Now, I need to find something that I can decoupage to keep them organized. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that napkin, Ann, and I love it! I decoupaged a basket with it! You certainly transformed your case into something so stylish and very useful! You might have to have a "decoupage" theme for the "Do It Over Designers," lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this Ann! We just replenished our post it note supply and I think this is a brilliant way to elevate something so mundane!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great decoupaged post. I have little success and patience for this craft! Well done

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Break Out Those Wine Corks!

Wine Cork Wreath

Denim Flowers - Two Ways

How To Decoupage Dresser Drawers - With Napkins!