Five Little Ghosties!

Do you remember that rhyme?  No, I'm not sharing a rhyme today, but I am sharing five little ghosts. They're easy, inexpensive to make, and can be turned into a cute garland for Halloween.  Have a peek:
Can you guess what I used to make them?  Have a look:
Take a trip to the dollar store and get out your glue gun because it's time to get started.

The first step is removing the mop strands that are held in place by a piece of plastic.
I used my paint can opener, and it popped right open.
Spread a little glue on the plastic golf ball. 
Add your mop strands.
Continue gluing them around the ball.
Start filling in the areas on the sides...
...until the entire ball is covered.
Take a piece of cotton twine and tie it under the ball.
Add two wiggly eyes and tie a ribbon around the neck.  Sorry, I forgot to take a picture of the ribbon, but, I know you can figure it out!
Then hot glue a piece of twine on the back of the head for tying each ghost to the garland.
In order to give this garland a little bit of color, I used some of the orange spider web ribbon in 9" pieces and the purple cut in 7" pieces.  I tied each one in a knot and attached them to each other with thread, then I glued a mini clothespin to the back.
Everything was tied or clipped to a piece of jute and the garland was ready for display!
How's that for an easy Halloween project?

Be sure to stop back next time to see the next project I create with a dollar store mop.


I hope you'll pin, share, comment, and follow.  If you click on those 3 little lines at the top left of the blog (on the Home page), you'll see where to find me...or click on the icon below to share.


Featured at:












Comments

  1. Absolutely darling!! I adore these little guys. You are so creative. I'm off to pin this one. Enjoy the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kim. I appreciate the pin!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Patti...just a little fun for Halloween!

      Delete
  3. So adorable Ann and what a fun project! Thanks so much for sharing. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable! Thanks for sharing on Happiness is Homemade at LifeasaLEOWife.com! Traffic Jam Weekend Link Party is still open for sharing, and I'd love to have you come and share there as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable and a great project too for kids!! Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!! I appreciate it!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann,
    I couldn't see on the post for the party to post a comment so I am doing so here...Thanks for visiting!! And Thanks so much for the feature!! I gave you a Shout Out on Face Book and will do so in my next post too!! Thanks for hosting such a lovely party each week!!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason, the link party code is shutting down commenting again - Ugh!
      I love your powder room, Debbie!

      Delete
  7. What adorable little ghosties! I love your garland. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Joanne. I appreciate the pin!

      Delete
  8. So cute, Ann!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable Ann! Thanks for sharing on Traffic Jam Weekend at LifeasaLEOWife.com! I love a good Dollar Tree upcycle!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Niki. Dollar Tree sure gives us lots of possibilities!

      Delete
  10. Very adorable use of a mop head and some golf balls! You always share some great ideas. Thanks for linking up. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Donna. I'm trying to see everyday materials in a new light. It's taking some practice, though!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Break Out Those Wine Corks!

Wine Cork Wreath

How To Decoupage Dresser Drawers - With Napkins!

No More Polycrylic for My Tables!