This & That End of Summer 2021

It's safe to say that this summer has been one for the books for a couple of reasons.  First, when it wasn't raining, the humidity was so high I felt like I was living in the tropics.  I did not have to water my gardens at all this summer - that's how much rain we had.  It was so wet that my Lamb's Ear actually started to rot, but in spite of it, there were flowers.
The hydrangeas were quite happy.
And I harvested a good bit of lavender.  This is just a sample.
The zucchini and tomatoes did well and I made plenty of sauce for winter.

However, the most interesting part of this summer is the fact that we sold our house!  That's right, we did it.  The market was just right for selling and to be perfectly honest, the stairs were killing my knees.  So we did it.  
We decided to rent for a while and see what happens with the housing market and the pandemic.  Let's face it, these are uncertain times so we packed and we moved - just last week!
SOOO many boxes - and this is just my craft room!

We're very excited about not having to deal with the snow this winter.  The only thing we will have to clear is the car.  The apartment complex does all the rest....I have visions of sipping hot cocoa and watching the snowflakes fall! 

Needless to say, my posting may be a bit 'hit or miss' for a few weeks.  I tried to work-ahead as much as I could, but packing the craft room certainly made creating anything a challenge.  Hopefully everything will be unpacked and organized soon.
I really missed yard sales this summer.  I just couldn't justify buying more goodies when I had a whole house to pack.  Fortunately, yard sale season still seems to be going strong, so there may be hope for me yet!  I did visit a local thrift store in search of a lamp for my craft room.  There's no ceiling light and I needed something.  Here's what I found:
It's not too exciting, but it was only $4.99!  

I can't finish this post without remembering what this day brought to all of us 20 years ago.  We all remember where we were and what we were doing when the news of the terrorist attacks reached us.  What strikes me is this...

We all came together as Americans.  

Twenty years later we are facing another attack.  A pandemic that is killing far too many and leaving others with long-lasting, serious side-effects, yet we are more divided than ever.  How soon we forget the importance of working together.

That's all I'll say.  Wishing you all peace and love. ☮💗




Comments

  1. You do have big news! Moving is a exciting and scary but I know you will be settled soon. I agree that some of the positive things that came out of that awful day 20 years ago was kindness and compassion for all. It is sad that today, we have strayed so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are getting settled, but it sure is a LOT of work! It is sad that we have strayed, I hope we can find our way back again soon.

      Delete
  2. A busy summer for you, Ann! Wishing you good luck in your new apartment as get settled. Watching the snow is certainly much better than shoveling!! I'm trying not to think that far ahead right now. I'm still enjoying the pool!! And yes...crazy times we're living in and not sure how we got here or how we go back...but I do hope it's possible and soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also trying not to think about winter, but I think it may be easier to deal with this year. Yes, these are crazy times and I wish we could turn the clock back. If I only had a time machine.....

      Delete
  3. Ann, we are in a similar situation! we just bought a house and have yet to list our condo! My life for the next several weeks is going to be cray cray. Best wishes and congrats on your sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on the new house, Rita! I completely understand what the next several weeks will be like for you, but I'm sure your condo will see quickly.

      Delete
  4. How exciting for you - another phase of life, making every day simpler!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. We're not sure what's next, but we shall see!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations! That's such an exciting change. I know so many people who have decided to sell and just rent for awhile. I think that is such a smart move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joanne. It is very exciting and we're not sure what's next, but we have some time to think about it!

      Delete
  6. What type of lavender did you plant? It is my favorite and I have two different kinds (I think English lavender and Spanish lavender) but it sure isn't as wonderful as the lavender in France. My English lavender has done pretty well though.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was English Lavender and it did pretty well in spite of the wet summer!

      Delete
  7. I came over here because I saw the picture of your staircase and I would have sworn it was my own! It is almost identical! Congrats on selling your house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. The house was built in 1890, so, it's an old staircase.

      Delete
  8. Ann,
    Congrats on selling your home....I think our next move will be to an apartment some day... The maintenance free life is calling to me....Thanks so much for stopping by!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie. We're not sure what's next, but 'maintenance-free' is very attractive!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Break Out Those Wine Corks!

Wine Cork Wreath

How To Decoupage Dresser Drawers - With Napkins!

No More Polycrylic for My Tables!