Bedroom Curtain Hack

One pair of curtains & two windows - that was the dilemma I was facing.  Since the curtains matched my bedspread, I searched the internet to see if I could find another pair.  No luck!  Spending money on a new bedspread and curtains was not in the plan, so, it was time to get creative!

What did I do?  I got out the scissors and cut each panel if half!  Each panel was 50" wide and the windows at the cottage are  36".  It was a little nerve-racking to cut those panels, but, I had nothing to lose.  The bedroom had 2 windows!  
After cutting the panels the only thing left to do was sew some straight seams.  Pretty easy!  I also had shear panels to finish the look.  

I'm sure you're looking at that photo and asking, "What is that valance hiding?"  Well, here's the answer:

I hung the sheers and curtains all on one rod and covered the top with the valances that came with the cottage.  The valances got a fresh coat of paint and the project was finished.
Total cost:  $0 !

Apologies for the photos - it's difficult to take pics of windows with daylight coming in.

I hope this hack helps you someday - it sure beats spending money on something you already have!


Linking to:

Amaze Me Monday
Inspire Me Tuesday
Oh My Heartsie Girl
Before & After Wednesday

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Break Out Those Wine Corks!

Wine Cork Wreath

How To Decoupage Dresser Drawers - With Napkins!

No More Polycrylic for My Tables!