Craft Table Reveal

Greetings!  I hope you're staying warm in your part of the world.  It's been pretty chilly here and we've been planning/working on indoor projects at the cottage.  Today,  I want to show you my 'new' craft table.  
I try to use what I have before spending money on something new.  This old work table was sitting in the basement near the furnace.  My husband didn't want it, so I claimed it as my new craft table.  It was a little "rough around the edges":
If you're wondering about that angled piece on the right, it held a dowel for a roll of paper.  I decided not to turn it around and use it because I just KNEW I'd walk into it constantly!

You may recall seeing it in the White Is Bright post a couple of weeks ago:

That area is my new Craft "Room".  It's a great space, but it is far from finished.  I plan to give you glimpses into it as things are done, so let's get back to that table.  Here is a close-up of the top:
Pretty, huh?
The first step was to scrub the dirt and cobwebs off.  After that, it looked much better, except for the top - it looked pretty much the same.  On to Plan B:  Cover it!  I remembered something called oilcloth and thought it would be perfect for the top of this table, until I tried to find it.  The woman at the store knew what I was talking about, but did not have it.  What she did have was this:
It's basically a flocked tablecloth that you can buy by the yard.  Did I mention it was less expensive than buying a tablecloth?  I purchased enough to cover the top, went home and grabbed my staple gun.  I trimmed off the excess, folded the edges and stapled the cloth under the table edge.
You'll also notice I bought black fabric and stapled it around the sides.  This camoflaged the open area and gave me hidden storage.
You must admit this is a much prettier top!

Here it is from another angle:

That's the whole story.  Clean & Staple.  No painting required!  

The dimensions of this table are:  54" x 29" and it is 38" high.  Since I stand a lot when I craft, this is perfect.  Although, I am on the look-out for a stool  so I can rest my legs once in awhile!

Now, I know you want to know what's underneath and I will show you - on one condition.  You need to keep in mind the Craft Room is still a "work-in-progress" (as is everything else!  LOL) and everything hasn't found a place yet.

I hope this will inspire you to use something that you have sitting around the house.  It could be transformed into something new with very little time, effort, or money!  
Have a great week and stop back again soon!

Linking to:



  1. What a creative and lovely way to transform your new craft table into a work of art with bonus covered storage! You have definitely inspired me to get to work on my new office space... Something I have put off for several months now but after seeing your new space for creating I just have to finish my own. Thank you not only for the nudge but for linking up with us on the Oh My Heartsie Girls Wordless Wednesday Linky Party!

    Wishing you an awesome week!

    Co-Host OMHGWW

  2. Hi Ann, hope your doing well and hubby too!!! Looks like you are till busy with your on going projects. Im being nurse to hubby after a quad bypass this past week. Im pooped. Would love to have you stop by this week, heres the link

    Have a great week!

    1. You've been on my mind, Karren. Hope hubby is doing well. Take a nap when he naps - you need to take care of yourself too!!

  3. What an amazing transformation! Love your craft table, perfect for working and storage too...great! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY.

  4. You brought the cutest thing to our party! Thank you. Pinned and tweeted. We feel honored that you take the time to stop by our party. I hope to see you on tonight at 7 pm. We love to party with you! Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Break Out Those Wine Corks!

Wine Cork Wreath

How To Decoupage Dresser Drawers - With Napkins!

Organizing Your Essential Oils