3 Things I'm Making Now to Prepare for the Holidays

Yes, it's August and I really should have shared this as a 'Christmas in July' post, but I have a good excuse.  I came down with an especially bad case of vertigo that was later diagnosed as a sinus infection.  The month of July ended up being a loss for doing anything creative.  

But, better late than never, right?

This post may contain affiliate links.

The three little projects I'm sharing with you are easy to make and are nice to have on-hand before the hustle and bustle of the holidays arrives.  Let's get started, shall we?

1. Gift Tags

Everyone needs gift tags for the holidays, right?  I started mine with some of the paper I made several months ago.  Using small rectangles, I stamped the paper and punched a small hole in each one for a little Bakers Twine.  
Then I grabbed a stamp set that I've had for many years and stamped a few more.
Now, I realize that not everyone has this stamp set or homemade paper so let me offer a few ideas:
  • That packing paper I mentioned in the previous post?  Cut it into small rectangles or holiday shapes like trees, stockings, or ornaments and then all you need to do is write on each one.  
  • Use old Christmas cards.  Those images make beautiful gift tags.
  • Wrapping paper or old book pages can be cut into shapes for tags.  
Use your imagination and get those tags made now, long before you need them!

Moving on....The next two ideas are 'I thought of you' or 'add to a gift package' ideas.  


2.  Teabag Holder

When Winter arrives, there is nothing like a nice cup of tea.  
This little teabag holder is easy to make.  Let me show you.

Start with a 6"x6" square of scrapbook paper.
Fold it point to point.
A bone folder gives you a nice, crisp fold. 
On that fold you've just made, score a half inch line.  Flip it over and score again.  That way the score line is on both sides.  
You can use a score board for all of your scoring.  I just use my paper trimmer and a ball stylus tool.

Here's how your paper should look:
Next, score 2.75" on each side.  Once again flipping it over for each score.
Another peek at how it should look now:
Open up your paper and fold in on the two outside score lines.
Fold all the center lines:
First
Second
Inside view

This is how it will now look:
Punch two holes through the top and tie with a piece of jute or ribbon
Add your teabag.

Add a homemade cookie to the pocket on the other side.
 
Other ideas for this little holder:
  • Cash
  • Gift card
  • A set of those homemade gift tags - because who doesn't need gift tags?
  • What ideas do you have?
3.  Emery Board Sleeve

I've made these before and they were a hit.  For the gals in your life that need to file their nails, this is a sweet little gift.  

Start with a piece of cardstock that measures 7.25" x 3".  

On the 7" side, score at:  1", 1.25", 2.25". 2.5

On the 3" side, score at: .25"

This is how your cardstock should now look:
Punch the top with a 1" punch as shown below:
With a bone folder, fold all the score lines. Then add a piece of coordinating paper cut to 7/8" x 6'5" and glue on as shown:
Note, I trimmed away the corner to make it easier to fold and glue closed.

Fold the sides of the sleeve and glue.  I used my bone folder inside to help the glue stick.
Next fold the bottom edges...
First fold
Second fold glued
Embellish!

Three easy little gift ideas to work on now, during the Dog Days of Summer - before the holiday rush hits.

Which one will you make?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Glass Bowl Christmas Tree in 5 Easy Steps

Denim Flowers - Two Ways

Upcycled Lighting - 2 Ways!

The Book Witch