This & That Spring 2023

 A 'This & That' post is long overdue around here.  Spring has finally arrived...I think!  A couple of weeks ago it was Summer with temps in the 70s and 80's.  It resulted in a few visits to the pond for walks.  
The flowers were beautiful.
People were walking their dogs, fishing and just enjoying the weather!
With the great weather we decided to also do some cleaning in the storage unit.  
We sorted.  
We organized.  
We tossed. 
It felt sooo good!  
I took these little beauties off a rocking chair that is waiting for a make-over.
They are really heavy-duty and I'm going to need big muscles to bend those ends!  I guess I have some projects in my future.  
I don't have any specific plans so I'm open to suggestions!

Then it cooled down.  Not winter coat cool, but cool enough to need long sleeves and a light jacket. So, I pulled this out:
Pretty awful, huh?  

I found it on Marketplace for $5 and I'm determined to make it into something pretty.  Be sure to stop back on May 27th for the reveal!

The past few days have been nice, so it was back to the pond where the trees are flowering!

I visited a friend the other day and she gave me a pile of these misprinted journals. 
Her instructions were, "Do something with them!"
They have lined pages:
And a pocket in the back:
Aren't they fabulous?  I can't wait to get started on them!
 
Yesterday was the official start of yard sale season for me.  I've been looking for a small glass tray to hold perfume on my dressing table and I finally found one!
The price tag said $2 but the woman having the sale told me to pay her a dollar.  You can't beat that price!
Just what I needed.  It may have been a butter dish, but, you know, REPURPOSE!

The next thing I spotted was a large box of ties, some brand-new in the box.  The price was a dollar each.  I chose the ones I liked and asked if we could make a deal.
I came home with these for $8.  
I haven't decided what to make with them yet.  There are so many ideas out there, but I want it to be something unique...putting on my thinking cap!

Now we're in for a stretch of cool, rainy weather.  There are a few projects that I've been putting off and this may be a good time to get to them. 
 
I've also just started reading Homecoming by Kate Morton.  I love her books and this one was just published.  Not that it's a bad thing, but reading is the one distraction that always gets in the way of new crafts/upcycling projects!  I know, real-world problems, right?  Ha!  
Tell me, what's your distraction?

I hope all is well with you in your part of the world.  Thanks for stopping by and be sure to come back for another visit....I've got projects to share!  💕

Comments

  1. I'm very excited to see what you do with your wood mail sorter and all those ties. If I know you, they'll be very fabulous indeed! Right now, I've been distracted by DIY. I'm trying to get this place put back together after all of our recent renovations. The rooms are done, but not fully decorated. Yet!! Happy Weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm almost done with the mail sorter and I'm still thinking about the ties. Knowing you, Kim, I'm sure your house will be put back together in no time!

      Delete
  2. Yard sales are so exciting to go to as from time to time you do get great stuff like you did with that perfume plate. Love the pattern
    I visited you via Homemade Link Party #447
    If you are not already part of SSPS, this is a personal invite to hop over and come and share your posts with us at Senior Salon Pit Stop, every Monday to Saturday.
    See my entries: 38-39 and then navigate to the bottom of my page for the Senior Salon Pit Stop linkup, we hope to meet you there virtually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I've ben looking for that little tray for a few years!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for sharing your link/s at SSPS 259. Please check back on Monday to see if listed under the top 15 or mentioned by a co-host or if I shared it on FB @BloggersShareCareInspire and IG @_esmesalon as the top 5.

      Delete
    3. I will certainly stop by. Thanks for hosting!

      Delete
  3. What a post of beauty and hope! I love seeing the lake and all your wonderful finds. Tis the season for yard sales where I am too. My husband really enjoys finding treasures and the price is always right. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa. I love yard sales - you can always get a bargain.

      Delete
  4. Those spring days look lovely! It sounds like you have some fun creative projects to tackle too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joanne. The wheels are turning for those projects - believe me!

      Delete
  5. Nice haul! Thank you for sharing this with Your Moment Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. It looks like I'll have a few projects to keep me out of trouble!

      Delete
  6. Can't wait to see what you do with the ties. I love glass beneath perfume bottles too, it just add that touch of elegance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple of ideas for the ties. I want it to be unique! I love the glass too and I'm so glad to finally find this piece!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Break Out Those Wine Corks!

Wine Cork Wreath

How To Decoupage Dresser Drawers - With Napkins!

No More Polycrylic for My Tables!