Not Just ANY Chair
Ever since I finished The Little Celery Table last year I've been on the look-out for a chair.
Happily, late in the season, I found it.
It wasn't really pretty.
It had no seat.
One of the rungs was split in two.
It was $2.
For some reason I worked on this project without taking any photos. Fortunately it was pretty straightforward so I'll tell you what I did and then show you the final pretty photos.
The first order of business was to repair that cracked rung. A little wood glue and clamps made short work of it.
The next issue was the missing seat. A piece of thin plywood, some construction adhesive, and clamps took care of that.
Time to paint! I used celery chalk paint and little gold craft paint for the accent.
To see how I decoupage drawers, click HERE.
I think the two match quite well!
The seat needed a cushion. Bring on some pink fabric, batting and simple sewing skills and check that off the list!
I wanted pretty bows, so I made the ties a bit wider.
The chair was finished with wax - same as the table.
Now that the two pieces are together, I think the table should be called a desk.
The light green and pink give it a very feminine feel. Maybe I'll call it a "Lady's Desk".
I hope you'll pin, share, comment, and follow. If you click on those 3 little lines at the top left of the blog (on the Home page), you'll see where to find me...or click on the icon below to share.