Organizing Your Essential Oils

Have you been bitten by the essential oils bug?  I wasn't exactly bitten, but my daughter uses them and gifted my husband and me a set of oils and a diffuser, which we both love.  The problem was keeping those little bottles of oils organized.  The oils are kept in a cabinet and every time I went looking for a new oil to diffuse, I ended up pushing them around, knocking some over, until it looked something like this:
Since I like to keep things tidy, I needed a way to keep my oils organized.  While walking through the dollar store one day, I spied this little organizer and had an epiphany!
It was the perfect size for those little bottles and each row was 'stepped'.  

As soon as I got home, I peeled off the plastic and put the oils into the organizer. 
I purposely place the 0.5 oz. bottle of Tea Tree oil in front so you could see that the larger bottles fit just as well as the .17 oz. bottles. Here's a view from another angle:
The organizer fits perfectly on my shelf and can be lifted out to see what I have without making a mess.  This has to be the simplest organization hack ever and very economical.  The whole thing cost $2. 
Full discloser....I bought two of them since I have more than 16 oils in my collection.  The silly things are like chips - you can't have just one - or 16!  Chances are, I'll be back to buy more organizers.

I hope you'll pin, share, comment, and follow.  If you click on those 3 little lines at the top left of the blog, you'll see where to find me...or click on the icon below to share.

Comments

  1. Great idea....I love using plastic boxes to divide items in drawers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Patti. The dollar store to the rescue!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea, Ann! Don't you love it when you find a solution that works perfectly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly do, Kim. Especially at a great price!

      Delete
  3. I have a few of them and don't use them to their potential. I keep mine in an old jewelry box. These are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A box is a good idea too. Mine were just on the shelf - making a mess!

      Delete
  4. Ann thanks for sharing. I have oils and kept them in a Dollar Tree basket, but still they roll all around. I am heading to the Dollar Tree and picking me up a couple myself. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain, Terrie. I'm so glad I could help you solve the same problem!

      Delete
  5. Such a great solution so bottles aren't tippig over and messy.

    Enjoy your weekend

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great idea! My oils are stacked on top of each other in a small box and I can never find what I want easily. This would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it , Michelle. It sounds like you're on your way to the dollar store!
      Thank you for stopping by the Cottage. Come back again soon.

      Delete
  7. Ann,
    Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to leave such sweet comments!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love stopping by to see what you're up to!

      Delete
    2. I am trained in aromatherapy what a great idea

      Delete
    3. Then this would be perfect for you!

      Delete
  8. This is very innovative idea and can be applied to other things to them look more interesting. The oils were very neatly organized. I’ll give it a try in my bed room with the “keep them where you use them” philosophy in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Question: hope I didn’t miss this, but what is the original/intended use of the container?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Break Out Those Wine Corks!

Wine Cork Wreath

How To Decoupage Dresser Drawers - With Napkins!

No More Polycrylic for My Tables!