Pallet Angels

Welcome back!  Thanksgiving flew by (Hope you had a great one) and it's December already - time for a Christmas project!
I've seen some primitive angels on Pinterest, but I wasn't crazy about the wings, so I decided to design my own.  I drew and cut-out my patterns, then got to work with my jigsaw.  
All of the pieces were sanded, painted and distressed.  Screws were used to attach the wings and the angels were done.
As I looked at them, I felt they were missing something, so I added a pearl halo.

A quick and easy project for Christmas...not sure where they're going yet, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.  
What Christmas projects have you been up to?

Linking to:
Saturday Shuffle
Bouquet of Talent
Sundays At Home
Sunday's Best
That DIY Party
Happiness is Homemade
Handmade Monday
Dishing It & Digging It
Over the Moon
Inspire Me Monday
Motivational Monday

Merry Monday
Amaze Me Monday
Show & Tell
Tuesdays With a Twist
Make It Pretty Monday
Wonderful Wednesday
Party In Your PJs
Grandma's House
Share Your Style
Creatively Crafty
No Rules Weekend
Vintage Charm
Creativity Unleashed
Blogger's Pit Stop
Funtastic Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
What To Do Weekends
Create, Bake, Grow & Gather
Friday at the Fire Station


  1. Cute rustic angels, good job,love your wings. Good thing you can draw what you need. The pearl halos are pretty touch.
    Have been making ornaments for gifts since we got paid one day before Thanksgiving and won't get paid again (SS) til 2 days after Christmas. Hard time of year to have 5 weeks between paydays.
    Also been working on decorating our small living room and little in other rooms mostly with home made decorations.
    Mr. Furry made good sized pallet back drop for a reindeer I got at $tree.Put some faux pine garland around outside edges and called it good. Put on top of shutter shelf and it's a good focal point decoration. The reindeer is silver glittered.
    Had been trying to decide what to do with it and this afternoon idea came to me, had stained back drop light gray few days ago. Made another one which will make a tree on with ornaments for our daughter''s home.
    Needing to come up with home made gifts makes a person use their creativity.
    Have wonderful week

    1. Thank you for stopping by - so glad you like the angels! It sounds like you've got your decorating covered... there's so much you can do on a small budget. I'd love to see some pictures!
      Stop by again soon!

  2. How beautiful. I love the simplicity of this.

    1. Thank you, Julie. I think a little greenery is all they need.

  3. I love your angel. Wherever you place it, it will be beautiful. Thanks for sharing on Sunday's Best. I love your creativity.

    1. Thank you, Rhonda. Your kind words mean so much!

  4. Thanks for sharing your DIY Angels idea with us at #BloggersPitStop and have a lovely week.

  5. Aww what a cute angel! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

  6. Sometimes quick and easy is just what we need! The angel is so cute and the pearl halo is the perfect touch. Thank you for sharing at Party in Your PJs!

    1. Thank you! I was going for simplicity so I could dress it up with greenery, berries, ornaments, etc!
      Have a wonderful holiday season!


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Little Celery Table...

Summer Ice Cream Cone - From a Witch Hat!

Wine Cork Wreath

$15 Cabinet - First of Two!