Have you seen the Christmas trees made from glass bowls? They seem to be popping up all over the internet and I've got all the details on making one of your own. In 5 Easy Steps! That's right, five. In all honesty, you can really get it done in three. Although, the last two are the ones that make it absolutely gorgeous. Let's get started, shall we? W elcome to the 'Do It Over' Designers blog hop. We are a group of bloggers who love to recycle/upcycle/DIY. I'm happy to host this hop and I hope you'll visit everyone to see what they have to share with you. The links will be listed at the end of this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Step 1: Find Your Glass Bowls First, do NOT use real crystal! That's right, no going to Grandma's house and taking the crystal from her hutch or china cabinet. Not only will she probably chase you down and beat you with her cane, it's just wrong to use real crystal for a project like this o...
Two ways, you ask? read on and you'll see why! There are lots of ways to make denim flowers and I experimented with two of them. But, first.... ... i t's time once again for The Sustainable Pinterest Challenge , a group of bloggers who are challenged to recreate a pin from Pinterest focused on sustainability. Many thanks to Julie from Sum of Their Stories & Gail from Purple Hues and Me for hosting. This month the theme is flowers and I was inspired by this pin , so let's start with the first one that looks like a rose, my all-time favorite flower! I cut a piece of denim and started cutting out petals. As you can see, I made a couple of patterns and I also cut a strip of denim for the center. I brushed on a 50/50 mix of Mod Podge and water to give the denim some stiffness for shaping the leaves. I left them to dry overnight. The edge of the denim strip was folded over and rolled on a toot...
Welcome back! Today I have 2 fun ways to create unique upcycled lighting and I want to share them with you. It's the 'Do It Over' Designers Blog Hop and t his time, the theme is 'Lighting'. I've asked the team to create something using lighting-related objects including everything from lightbulbs and lampshades, to chandeliers and things you'd never expect to be a light. But there's a twist. The projects created do not have to be a light! Join me in seeing what everyone created, won't you? The links will be listed at the end of this post. Project Number 1: It all began when I found this sweet vintage glass globe at my local antique/vintage/salvage store. As you can see, it's not even 5" tall but I had big plans for it! This post may contain affiliate links. Three more items were needed to complete this little project: Copper tape Copper wire Solar light The first step was to remove the stake from...
This project began over the summer and was inspired by a Christmas project from when I was a little girl. Who remembers making angels from the Montgomery Ward catalog? Folded pages, silver spray paint, and a styrofoam ball for the head? Sound familiar? I decided to make a Halloween version using an old book. Behold, the Book Witch! Little did I know Book Witches were 'a thing' until I started talking about them and Pinterest started listening. Guess what started showing up all over my feed? They used wooden balls for the head and pipe cleaners for hair and arms but I made mine a little differently using materials I already had stashed away. W elcome to the 'Do It Over' Designers blog hop. We are a group of bloggers who love to recycle/upcycle/DIY. I'm happy to host this hop and I hope you'll visit everyone to see what they have to share with you. Their links will be listed at the end of this post. I used a book that had seen be...
Comments
Post a Comment