Skip to main content

A Little Shelf

I'm back again with my very last pallet wood project.  I had 8 scraps left and put them together to make this:

These were the scraps leftover from all of my projects:

After cutting them to size and sanding them, I used the dry-brush and stain technique to finish them.  Click HERE for details on that technique.

After each board was finished, I started nailing the shelf together. All in all, it was a pretty easy project.  It's not hanging on the wall yet....you know, selling the Cottage, moving, etc., but it will be soon!  So for the purposes of this blog post, I staged it on some cloth-covered boxes. Classy, huh??

How about a close-up?
Or two?

So, that's how I used the last of the pallet wood.  Stay tuned for more projects, though, just not with pallet wood!

Thanks for dropping by.  Enjoy your week and come back again soon!

Linking to:

Comments

  1. This turned out great! It's amazing that you know how to make something like this - I would have no idea how to do it. I'm commenting from Motivational Monday link up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brenda...it's easier than you think! So glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  2. Great idea! Thanks for sharing on the Pleasures of the NW's DIY link up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Always a fun party at Pleasures of the NW!

      Delete
  3. This is really cute Ann, you guys are so clever.
    Wishing you a Happy Easter!!!
    Hugs
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karren. Happy Easter to you too!

      Delete
  4. Stopping by from Sunday's Best. I love pallet wood projects. This shelf is adorable. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rhonda. I'm so glad you stopped by!
      Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing your wonderful post at #OverTheMoon. I look forward to what you will share next week! Like someone in person today! We hope you’ll come back again next Sunday when we open our doors at 6:00 PM EST. Pinned and tweeted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marilyn. I will definitely be back - so glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  6. I would love to work on building skills. This may be a simple pallet shelf, but it looks fantastic, and I'd love to make one! #MerryMonday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Megan. I am no expert, but I love trying new things. Give it a try, you might surprise yourself!

      Delete
  7. What a perfect little shelf! Thank you for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - always happy to share!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To Decoupage Dresser Drawers - With Napkins!

Welcome back!  Last week you saw a garage sale dresser transformed with paint and decoupaged napkins.  If you missed it, click here

Today I have a little tutorial showing how it was done.  Let's get started, shall we?

The drawers were sanded down to bare wood and the edges were painted black to match the rest of the dresser.  The napkins were found at the Dollar Store.
Notice they are 2-ply napkins?  You only need one, so separate those layers! Iron the one-layer.  It helps when you are ready to lay it down on the wet decoupage medium.   Since the napkins were not wide enough to cover the entire drawer, I was going to have to piece them together.  These napkins also had a very definite pattern that was going to need matching, so it was time for some measuring.  I found the middle of the drawer and matched it to the middle of the napkin.  Then I marked the edges of the napkin on the edge of the drawer with chalk.  See the white (chalk) dot? There are actually two of them as guides for …

Spring Grapevine Wreath

You may have heard about all the snow in the northeast.  Fortunately, we didn't get as much as some areas, but the white stuff is still EVERYWHERE!  Since Mother Nature seems to be off her meds again, I created a wreath to encourage her to deliver some Springtime weather.
Last month I bundled up and trudged through the snow to grab some of the vines that were growing wild.  If you missed it, you can read about it HERE.  In addition to the grapevine heart, I made this wreath.   It was an easy process that involved about 9 lengths of vine that were about 6' each.  I started by making a circle with one and winding the vine around it.  I kept adding, winding, and wrapping vines...  ...until I got to a size I liked. The finished wreath is 18 inches in diameter.
I bought 4 bunches of tulips for $2 each and some burlap ribbon for $1.  That's right, the total cost was $9! Since I want to use this wreath for several seasons, the tulips and the bow were attached with wire.  In a few months…

The Poplar Chest of Drawers

It's been a bit of a whirlwind around here with cutting and sanding.  Winter will be here before we know it and it will be too cold for those activities!  
So, I bring to you - this little chest of drawers that was advertised on a garage sale site:
This is a small chest, only about 40 inches tall, but perfect for small-space living.  Advertised on-line, it looked like this: It had that lovely orange, 1940's look, but it was solid wood.  The original plan was to paint it black and give the drawers a lovely stain to show-off the wood grain.  Out came the sander and here's what I found: Poplar!   Poplar is and inexpensive hardwood. The tell-tale green tint gives it away.  It is usually painted because poplar is notorious for being 'blotchy' when stained.   On to Plan B!  After all, it was solid wood and and the drawers were dovetailed. The chest itself was painted with 2 coats of Ink Chalk Paint (available at your local discount store that begins with a 'W'), distres…