Skip to main content

Friday Find

Just a quick post to share this little wagon found at a yard sale:
I thought about painting it, but decided to leave it a bit rusty.  A plant was added and it was put it in the spot that used to have my hydrangea.  Yes, I said, "used to".  The roofers kinda smashed it.  It was a sad day, but, plants DO regrow!  Besides, I've been getting compliments on the wagon just as it is!

Have a safe and happy July 4th weekend!


Linking to:

Comments

  1. You are right, rusty gives the wagon lots of character!!! Thank you for visiting to share on http://ohmyheartsiegirl.com/friday-feature-linky-party-24/ This week.
    I hope you have a great weekend and a safe 4th of July!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karren...I've always been partial to a little rust! ;)
      Ann

      Delete
  2. I like the look - so sorry about he hydrangea. What a loss! Hope it grows back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol.
      The good news is that the hydrangea is starting to grow back!
      So glad you stopped by the Cottage. I hope you'll be back again soon.
      Ann

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by my new blog!! I am so jealous of your lovely little wagon! It is such great piece!!
    Happy 4th to you!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie.
      Happy to see you are up and running again.
      Do stop by again soon!
      Ann

      Delete
  4. I think your wagon looks great Ann. Nothing like a bit of rusty goodness to cheer up the garden. And lots of sweet inspiration for us. Pinning this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. I just couldn't resist this little wagon when I saw it!

      Delete
  5. I love your little rusty wagon! I'm so glad you didn't paint it and left it as it is. Somethings are just meant to be weathered and rusty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol. I couldn't agree more!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To Decoupage Dresser Drawers - With Napkins!

Welcome back!  Last week you saw a garage sale dresser transformed with paint and decoupaged napkins.  If you missed it, click here

Today I have a little tutorial showing how it was done.  Let's get started, shall we?

The drawers were sanded down to bare wood and the edges were painted black to match the rest of the dresser.  The napkins were found at the Dollar Store.
Notice they are 2-ply napkins?  You only need one, so separate those layers! Iron the one-layer.  It helps when you are ready to lay it down on the wet decoupage medium.   Since the napkins were not wide enough to cover the entire drawer, I was going to have to piece them together.  These napkins also had a very definite pattern that was going to need matching, so it was time for some measuring.  I found the middle of the drawer and matched it to the middle of the napkin.  Then I marked the edges of the napkin on the edge of the drawer with chalk.  See the white (chalk) dot? There are actually two of them as guides for …

All-Natural Weed Killer - That Works!

Summer is finally here!  The flowers are blooming, the grass is growing, and so are the weeds!

So many times I hear people ask how to kill weeds without harmful chemicals.  Here is my solution:
I start with a 24 ounce spray bottle and cover the bottom with salt.  I held it up to the light so you could see how much salt I use...since I don't measure it! Then, I fill it up with vinegar and add a few drops of dish soap.  Any brand will do since it just helps the solution stick to the leaves.  Shake it up and don't forget to label the bottle. The only thing left to do is spray the weeds.  As you can see, I got this one good and wet. Two hours later... Isn't that amazing?   I've been using this solution for years and it's never let me down.  One thing I will tell you, though, it seems to work better on a sunny day.   Do you have a 'go-to' weed killer?  Be sure to tell us about it in the comments.  As, always, thanks for stopping by and Happy Father's Day to all the …

The Water-Logged China Cabinet

Here's the back story on this piece... The storage unit we rented was in an old factory and they were cleaning-out.  When we arrived with the movers (same company) I spotted the china cabinet that had been left out in the rain for a loooong time.  It was warped, split, peeling, and had no glass.  Since I'm an idiot...ahem, love a challenge, I offered to buy it.  The owner told me to take it - no charge.  He also gave me the maple table for free.  If you missed that makeover, click HERE.  Since I had no room for the china cabinet, it sat there until we moved into the new Cottage.  
The china cabinet made it as far as the back porch and as soon as we were 'settled' aka: had a functional kitchen and bathroom, I got to work. The original plan was to reglue the veneer and try to add stain to blend in what was missing.  That plan was tossed aside as soon as I realized the extent of the water damage.  Take a closer look:


The more sanding I did, the more veneer came off. It was s…