Skip to main content

Mirror, Mirror...The Cozy Porch Part 4

I've had a few e-mails asking about the mirror on the porch
This mirror was found about five years ago at an Estate Sale for $20.  It wasn't a pretty color...
But, underneath that verdigris was a beautiful mirror.  I just knew it!
The transformation was easy.  Three things were needed:  tape, newspaper, and a can of white spray paint.  You know the rest.  

The mirror was now pretty!

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.  Thank you for stopping by the Cottage - and come back again soon!

Other Cozy Porch Posts can be found here:

Linking to:


  1. Wow, your mirror turned out Great!

  2. Love the mirror on you porch!! I have one on the back Patio outside. Thanks so much for visiting awhile back..I am playing catch up!


  3. It really is a lovely mirror Ann! Thanks so much for sharing at Something to Talk About!

  4. Hi Ann, your mirror makeover turned out great!! Hope you are doing well in your cottage.
    Thanks for stopping by Oh y Heartsie Girl this week to share your bog!!

    Have a great week!

    1. Always a new project to work on, Karren! Thanks for stopping by!

  5. Beautiful transformation, I absolutely love it, definitely right up my street! Thank you for sharing and joining our Oh My Heartsie Girl Wordless Wednesday Link Party.. Have a great day, co-host Evija @Fromevijawithlove

    1. Thank you, Evija - it is one of my favorites!

  6. Don't you just love finds like that?! Thanks for joining us on Oh My Heartsie Girl Wordless Wednesday!


    1. I sure do, Shellie! I tell my husband, it's the thrill of the chase! ;)

  7. Paint really does wonders at transforming finds! The white really brings out the details more than the dark version. I love that you have a beautiful mirror like that on the porch. It's kind of unexpected but a great idea. Thanks for sharing on Merry Monday!

  8. Isn't it amazing what a little paint can do...lovely!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!

  9. Gorgeous mirror beautifully updated!
    Dawn xx

  10. Gorgeous mirror beautifully updated!
    Dawn xx


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To Decoupage Dresser Drawers - With Napkins!

Welcome back!  Last week you saw a garage sale dresser transformed with paint and decoupaged napkins.  If you missed it, click here

Today I have a little tutorial showing how it was done.  Let's get started, shall we?

The drawers were sanded down to bare wood and the edges were painted black to match the rest of the dresser.  The napkins were found at the Dollar Store.
Notice they are 2-ply napkins?  You only need one, so separate those layers! Iron the one-layer.  It helps when you are ready to lay it down on the wet decoupage medium.   Since the napkins were not wide enough to cover the entire drawer, I was going to have to piece them together.  These napkins also had a very definite pattern that was going to need matching, so it was time for some measuring.  I found the middle of the drawer and matched it to the middle of the napkin.  Then I marked the edges of the napkin on the edge of the drawer with chalk.  See the white (chalk) dot? There are actually two of them as guides for …

Spring Grapevine Wreath

You may have heard about all the snow in the northeast.  Fortunately, we didn't get as much as some areas, but the white stuff is still EVERYWHERE!  Since Mother Nature seems to be off her meds again, I created a wreath to encourage her to deliver some Springtime weather.
Last month I bundled up and trudged through the snow to grab some of the vines that were growing wild.  If you missed it, you can read about it HERE.  In addition to the grapevine heart, I made this wreath.   It was an easy process that involved about 9 lengths of vine that were about 6' each.  I started by making a circle with one and winding the vine around it.  I kept adding, winding, and wrapping vines...  ...until I got to a size I liked. The finished wreath is 18 inches in diameter.
I bought 4 bunches of tulips for $2 each and some burlap ribbon for $1.  That's right, the total cost was $9! Since I want to use this wreath for several seasons, the tulips and the bow were attached with wire.  In a few months…

The Poplar Chest of Drawers

It's been a bit of a whirlwind around here with cutting and sanding.  Winter will be here before we know it and it will be too cold for those activities!  
So, I bring to you - this little chest of drawers that was advertised on a garage sale site:
This is a small chest, only about 40 inches tall, but perfect for small-space living.  Advertised on-line, it looked like this: It had that lovely orange, 1940's look, but it was solid wood.  The original plan was to paint it black and give the drawers a lovely stain to show-off the wood grain.  Out came the sander and here's what I found: Poplar!   Poplar is and inexpensive hardwood. The tell-tale green tint gives it away.  It is usually painted because poplar is notorious for being 'blotchy' when stained.   On to Plan B!  After all, it was solid wood and and the drawers were dovetailed. The chest itself was painted with 2 coats of Ink Chalk Paint (available at your local discount store that begins with a 'W'), distres…