Cozy Porch - Part 2 - Those Walls

Welcome Back!  If you missed The Cozy Porch - Part 1, you can find it HERE.

Let's talk about the walls on the porch today.  When I first saw them, they looked like they had been left out in the weather for a long time.  They were brown and the grain was deep.  Take a look:

I really wanted to lighten them up and started to do some research on how to 'whitewash' walls.  I found SO many opinions on how to do it - Mix 2 parts water to 1 part paint OR 1 part water to 2 parts paint - Use a foam brush, no, a regular brush - wipe it off - don't wipe it off!  YIKES!! 
I decided to use my own instincts and here's what I came up with:

I used some leftover white paint from the basement project.  If you missed that post, you can find it here.  By the way, the bar is going to be whitewashed next!  Sorry, I digress!

The paint was mixed with water - 1 part paint & 1 part water.   We ( my hubby painted with me) used old paint brushes that were lying around (not foam) and started painting.  Keep in mind this paint is very runny, so you don't need a lot of paint on the brush.  This is especially true near your moldings!  We did not wipe any of the paint off, and this is the result:
I loved the look - kind of 'Beachy', don't you think?  Here's a peek at a section over one of the windows.  It really shows the beautiful grain of the wood:

Once again, White is Bright.  I love the look of whitewashed wood!

That's all for today.  Be sure to stop back soon to hear more about this little room - the tables, the mirror, the chairs and cushions.....so much to share!

Have a wonderful week!

Comments

  1. The whitewashed wood looks so much better -- lighter and brighter for sure! You've done such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Benita - and it was SUPER easy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Break Out Those Wine Corks!

Wine Cork Wreath

How To Decoupage Dresser Drawers - With Napkins!

No More Polycrylic for My Tables!