The Ants Go Marching...

Or, at least one ant!  
Welcome back to Ten on the 10th where a group of bloggers get together and share their ideas for under $10. Our theme this month is the Picnic/ BBQ and I'd like to thank Terrie from Decorate and More With Tip for hosting.
When I heard this was the theme, the first thing I thought of were ants at a picnic and knew I had to do something with that idea.  
So I gathered up three golf balls and got to work.  
The first task was to drill holes in the golf balls so the wooden skewer would go through them.  My hubby had a pipe clamp to hold the golf balls and started drilling.
The middle golf ball was drilled all the way through.  
The others just enough for the skewer to fit. The hole you're looking at will be on the bottom for the legs to be attached.
Two smaller holes were drilled in the 'head' for the antennae.  Naturally, I made 2 dots and then changed my mind.  That's why you see the holes above them!
After a couple of coats of black spray paint, it was time for assembly.
E6000 was the glue and in no time the ant was assembled!
The toothpicks were a temporary measure, just so I didn't 'lose' the holes for the antennae!
I cut and shaped wire for the six legs.  Each one was glued into the center hole on the bottom of the middle golf ball.
Two antennae and wiggly eyes gave this little guy a face.
And there you have it.....an ant at a picnic! I need to make some more, since there's never just one ant!  
This was another project that didn't cost a thing, since I had everything in my craft stash.  

Now, this is Ten on the 10th, so be sure to visit all of my talented blogger friends to see what they have in store for you.  The links are all listed below and I know you'll want to pin and share!

Terrie with Decorate and More with Tip

Laura with Decor to Adore

Patti with Pandora’s Box

Kim with Exquisitely Unremarkable

Tammy with Patina and Paint

Katie with Let's Add Sprinkles

Ann with Apple Street Cottage

Carol with Bluesky at Home

Susan with homeroad

Thank you for stopping by the Cottage.  Have fun discovering new ideas! 

Comments

  1. This is so cute - I can imagine a trail of these as the centerpiece on a buffet table!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Patti...and that's a great idea!

      Delete
  2. How cute are these! Every picnic needs a few ants and these are the best kind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There the only kind of ants I want at a picnic. lol Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. OMG!!!! how stinkin cute is this. I have to make them for myself. This is so adorable and great to have as a little decor for a BBQ or anything. So CUTE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Terrie. This was a case of 'it's time to do something with those golf balls!'

      Delete
  4. This is adorable!! He's the cutest ant I've ever seen...and a welcome guest at my picnic table. Fun...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim. Yes, I would certainly welcome him at my picnic table!

      Delete
  5. Oh my utter cuteness!! My husband has a bagful of old golf balls. This is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like it's time to dig them out, Laura. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. These are darling! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, I love your ant! So cute!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tania...the best part? He doesn't eat much! lol

      Delete
  8. That is just too cute! How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This must be the cutest Ant that I've ever seen at a picnic! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks. He doesn't eat much either! LOL

      Delete
  10. Thanks for linking up at the #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 2!

    ReplyDelete
  11. too cute! I never thought to drill thru golf balls. That opens up a whole new world! Visiting from CO. Sharing this on the weeekend edit laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been looking at these golf balls for a while now and finally came up with this idea. Thank you for the share!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. That would be a great way to use this little ant, Kristie!

      Delete
  13. What a cute little project! Thanks for sharing at the Weekend Blog Hop at My Flagstaff Home! --Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer. I'm happy to share!

      Delete
  14. Your ant is so adorable! This ant is the only ant I'd invite to my picnic! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. He's the only one I'd want, too!

      Delete
  15. This is adorable, and would make a great center piece on any picnic table. Thanks for sharing on Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rhonda. I'm always happy to share at your party!

      Delete
  16. How cute! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Break Out Those Wine Corks!

Wine Cork Wreath

How To Decoupage Dresser Drawers - With Napkins!

No More Polycrylic for My Tables!