Pineapple Wall Art

Welcome back to the Cottage, everyone.  Today's project has been 'in the works' for months and I just got it done.  There's no particular reason it took so long, it just kept getting brushed aside for other things until I decided it was time to finish it, since it is a gift for my daughter!

Her guest bedroom has a Pineapple/Flamingo theme and she saw a pineapple on Pinterest that inspired her.  The pin was sent to me and I started planning. The first step was to draw it out.
The horizontal lines were guidelines for the strips of wood that would go across the entire pineapple. I wanted to be able to cut complete strips, not tiny pieces when it came to the crown.  The template was traced on a piece of luan.
Using my jigsaw, the pineapple was cut and the edges were sanded.
Then the fun began.  I bought a few 5-foot lengths of lattice wood and started 'rough-cutting' them to fit. Each piece was measured a little longer than the width of the pineapple...
...and cut:
Here's how it looked most of the way through:
Each piece was attached with construction adhesive and left to dry.  Turned over, you can see the extra I left for finishing.
When the adhesive was dry, all of the lattice strips were cut with the jigsaw and the edges were sanded smooth.

Then it was time for 3 coats of white spray paint.  When that dried, the bottom was taped-off, so the crown could be painted gold.
After 3 coats of gold spray paint, the crown had this look:
Tape and paper removed:
A bow was made with some Dollar Store ribbon and the project was done!
Those flamingos, you ask? That just popped into the picture?........  Everyone knows flamingos are notorious 'Photo-Bombers'!  Lol

Off it goes to the guest bedroom with the rest of the pineapples and flamingos!  
Thank you for stopping by....have a wonderful weekend.

I hope you'll pin, share, comment, and follow.  If you click on those 3 little lines at the top right of the blog, you'll see where to find me...or click on 'share'.

Featured at:
Snickerdoodle Create Bake Make

Thursday Favorite Things


  1. Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 1! Pinned ♥

  2. Super cute idea! I love that you including photos of each step about how you made this pretty pineapple.
    Happy crafting,
    Ps. Please share this post over at the You're The Star blog hop on my site:

    1. Thank you, Kippi....and I'll be happy to share!

  3. So much fun and so summery. I love your cheeky flamingoes too!

  4. So cute! I need to make this for my granddaughter that loves pineapple decor! Found you at the Beautifully Made Link Party 67

    1. I'm sure your granddaughter would love it, Sylvia. Thank you for stopping by - come back again soon, won't you?

  5. Cute! My Mom has a pineapple cutting board that I love and this reminds me of that! Thanks for sharing on Farm Fresh Tuesdays!

    1. Thank you, Lisa. I bet that cutting board is cute!

  6. What a fun project! This was our Most Clicked Feature from last week's Snickerdoodle party. All of the co-hosts are featuring it at this week's party. Thanks for sharing with us!

    1. I'm so excited, Beverly! Thank you so much!

  7. This is so creative, Ann! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

  8. Ann,
    So cute and I love the flamingo! Congrats, you are being featured at Thursday Favorite Things.


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Break Out Those Wine Corks!

Wine Cork Wreath

How To Decoupage Dresser Drawers - With Napkins!

No More Polycrylic for My Tables!