Wine Bottle Upcycle

I don't know about you, but, once in a while I see a wine bottle that has potential.  Sometimes it's the shape, sometimes it's the color.  With this one, it was the finish.  It had a nice 'brushed' finish and I immediately knew what I wanted to do with it.
The great thing about this one was the label.  It completely came off after soaking for a few minutes in hot water.  There was no need for the peanut butter trick
Once the label was off, I grabbed the jute twine and some E6000.  The neck of the bottle was given a thin coat of glue and the twine was wrapped around it.
I bought some burlap ribbon from the dollar store a while ago, had no idea what to do with it, but knew it would be used at some point in time.  Since I only needed a small piece for this project, I've got lots left for something else......Winning!
That's right, 9 feet for a dollar. How's that for a bargain? 
A dot of glue was added to the center of the bottle and the ribbon was set in place.  When it was dry, the two ends were glued in the back.  I grabbed a button and a metal thingamobobbie....yes, that's a technical term for all the crap, I mean, treasures we keep hidden away in boxes....and glued it on the front.
And my project was done!  
I grabbed a silk rose from the closet to make it pretty.
It's all I had and I wasn't running to the store for something else because it's still cold and icy out there!  Just keepin' it real...
And, naturally, as soon as I wanted to take pictures the sun went behind the clouds.  
Such is the life of a blogger!  

I received a bottle cutter as a gift for Christmas and haven't used it yet.  I think it's time, so be prepared for some new projects that involve cut bottles, and if you have any ideas for me, I'd be happy to hear them!
Thanks for stopping by.......


Comments

  1. Very pretty, Ann! And thank you for the peanut butter trick reminder. I have a sticky label that will not quit. Off to goop it up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was all set to get the peanut butter out, Kim, when I was pleasantly surprised! I just love surprises like that, don't you? Hope you're staying warm...

      Delete
  2. Ann, I love this project! I've got a wine bottle I've been saving for something and am going to be scouting Pinterest to see what I can make. Wine bottles are so interesting and you are right, when you see a certain one, you just know it was made to be something pretty in your home! Hope you are having a great weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a board on Pinterest just for bottle crafts, Benita. You should check it out. Have a wonderful Sunday!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful upcycle! I love decorating bottles and will keep this design in mind! Found you on the #DIDI Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I inspired you, thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Love decorating bottles, this is very cute! Found you at the Mix it up Monday, sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm so glad you stopped by the Cottage!

      Delete
  5. Very pretty! I have several empty wine bottles that I have saved from special occasions and love your easy decorating ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leslie. I hope you'll visit again soon to see what else I do...so glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  6. Great idea! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cecilia...always happy to share!

      Delete
  7. What a fun idea, I have boxes full of thingamobobbies too - funny that!!
    I'm intrigued to see what you have in mind for your bottle cutter, but slightly worried that it might just be another thing I have to add to my craft stash requirement list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie! We all have at least one of those boxes, don't we? I can't wait to get started with the bottle cutter, my daughter has one and got me hooked. Stay tuned.....

      Delete
  8. Love this, Ann... That button and metal accent really added a lot! Thanks for sharing at Homestyle Gathering! Love having you there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice way to upcycle your bottle! Thanks for sharing with us at The Blogger's Pit Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! I love seeing upcycled wine bottles. And I, too, love the brushed finish of that one. Thanks so much for sharing at Sweet Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Break Out Those Wine Corks!

Wine Cork Wreath

How To Decoupage Dresser Drawers - With Napkins!

No More Polycrylic for My Tables!