Saving A Pink Bathroom Tile

How's the weather in your neck of the woods?  Around here, Mother Nature has been off her meds giving us everything from huge amounts of snow, sub-zero temperatures, sleet, freezing rain, pouring rain, and temperatures hovering around 40 degrees. We are now headed for for cold weather again...Is it Spring yet?
But, before I go into a rant about how much I hate dislike winter, let me show you how I saved a little piece of something I loved...  
In the original cottage there was a perfectly preserved pink tile bathroom.  There wasn't a chip or crack anywhere.  It was so pristine, that our inspector took pictures of it while doing our inspection for purchase.  He'd never seen anything like it. Here's a little peek:
I knew this was one of the things I would miss once it was sold and I also knew there was a box of extra tiles in the attic.  I headed upstairs and as I dug through the box, I discovered a few of the decorative tile pieces mixed in with the floor and wall tiles.  One of them came with me, wrapped in bubble wrap until I figured out what to do with it.  
That time has come.
I grabbed my tile, some glue, and a roll of magnetic tape:
It was a very simple project.  I cut a length of magnetic tape to fit the back of the tile.

A thin line of glue was added to the back and it was adhered it to the tile.  Since it was rolled up,  I wrapped rubber bands around the ends to keep it flat while the glue dried.
When the glue dried,  it was ready to go on the refrigerator to hold that 'all important' shopping list!
Even though I don't have the original cottage anymore, I'm so happy to have a little piece of it with me...now, if I could just figure out how to get my vintage stove back......
Do  you ever miss something from a house you used to live in?  Let me know in the comments.

I hope you'll pin, share, comment, and follow.  If you click on those 3 little lines at the top right of the blog, you'll see where to find me...or click on 'share'.  

Comments

  1. Ann, Yes! I so understand this. Glad you made use of that tile. I hope the new owners of the cottage didn't gut that bathroom to renovate, but rather worked around the pristine pink tile. I miss the quirky floor plan, and many other things, about our first place. #HappinessIsHomemade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they didn't either, Jean. Even the formica countertop was perfect. Thank you so much for stopping by and come back again soon!

      Delete
  2. I love your saved the vintage tile! Have a great week, Kippi #kippiathome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kippi. It will always remind me of that house and that amazing bathroom!
      Have a great week.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Michele. I will always keep it!

      Delete
  4. Oh Ann, this is so sweet! I love the vintage tile and love that you were able to take a piece of your cottage home with you! The temps here are not nearly as cold as I would like and we sadly have no snow! :-( Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Benita. It was, and hopefully still is, a beautifully preserved bathroom. If you'd like some snow and cold, I'd happily send you some! 😉
      Have a great week!

      Delete
  5. That's awesome you could bring a piece with you. Now you will see it all the time on the fridge and smile! Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, Jenny. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. What a great way to save and reuse such a sentimental piece from your old home. #handmademonday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Louisa. I was so glad the original owners saved the spare tiles!

      Delete
  7. This is a great repurpose. I bet every time you peek at that darling tile, you smile! And yes, too many things to count, but I miss the little mudroom with its crooked brick floor and all its little shelves. Charm...and stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim and, yes, I do! I can name something in every house we've lived in.

      Delete
  8. What a simple and perfect way to preserve that pretty tile! I'll be sharing this. �� One thing I really miss from a home I lived in as a child is the attic fan. Are houses even made with attic fans anymore? They were great for cooling a house quickly without turning on the air conditioning. They made sleeping with the windows open comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kay. Attic fans were a great invention, and, no, I don't think they build houses with them anymore. I'm so glad you stopped by, come back again soon, Won't you?

      Delete
  9. What a great idea, love that you wanted to save a little :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's a cool idea on repurposing a tile piece. It came out lovely. Thanks for linking up with us at #OMHGWW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Pink Saturday, Ann. Thank you for joining us. I love this idea. My mother used to live in a house with a pink bathroom. Pink is her favorite color.

    I most miss our swimming pool at our home in Fort Lauderdale.

    This post is being featured in my Pink Saturday post this week as "the one with the most clicks". You're on a roll.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am honored to be featured, Beverly. Pink bathrooms really are something special, and I would miss a Florida pool too!
      Have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  12. That is a sweet way to save something that you love! Thanks for linking up at Homestyle Gathering, Ann. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this idea! What a sweet way to remember your old bathroom. Tile bathrooms like that are great - I’d love to see them come back as the next big thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see them come back, too! I find it heartbreaking to see renovations that tear them out.

      Delete
  14. Lovely way to preserve the tile, Ann! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cecelia. It's always a pleasure to join your party!

      Delete
  15. You came up with a great idea for your pink tile! It probably makes you smile every time you hang up a new grocery list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does, Cathy. Thanks for stopping by the Cottage!

      Delete
  16. This is adorable. What a great idea. It is an adorable bathroom and I would miss it too. It goes to show that not everything has to be ripped out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Katie. It truly was (and hopefully still is) an amazing bathroom. Even the drawers and cabinets were custom made. You can't find craftsmanship like that anymore...so glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  17. Aw, this is a great way to repurpose that fabulous tile. It's a fantastic way to be able to enjoy it on a day to day basis. The weather has been crazy around here, too, although today we hit 71. So, I can't file any complaints today. :) Thanks for sharing at Sweet Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to share, Amy. I'm so glad you stopped by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Break Out Those Wine Corks!

Wine Cork Wreath

How To Decoupage Dresser Drawers - With Napkins!

No More Polycrylic for My Tables!