Spring Grapevine Wreath

You may have heard about all the snow in the northeast.  Fortunately, we didn't get as much as some areas, but the white stuff is still EVERYWHERE!  Since Mother Nature seems to be off her meds again, I created a wreath to encourage her to deliver some Springtime weather.
Last month I bundled up and trudged through the snow to grab some of the vines that were growing wild.  If you missed it, you can read about it HERE.  In addition to the grapevine heart, I made this wreath.  
It was an easy process that involved about 9 lengths of vine that were about 6' each.  I started by making a circle with one and winding the vine around it. 
I kept adding, winding, and wrapping vines... 
...until I got to a size I liked.
The finished wreath is 18 inches in diameter.

I bought 4 bunches of tulips for $2 each and some burlap ribbon for $1.  That's right, the total cost was $9!
Since I want to use this wreath for several seasons, the tulips and the bow were attached with wire.  In a few months, they can easily be removed and replaced with something summery!

Let's hope Mother Nature is paying attention.  What Spring projects are you up to?  I'd love to hear about them!

Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day and stop by again soon!

I hope you'll pin, share, comment, and follow.  If you click on those 3 little lines at the top right of the blog, you'll see where to find me!  I've just started an Instagram account and would love to have you follow me there. 💗

Featured at:

Linking to:


  1. LOL, I loved the way you said that Mother Nature is off her meds again :D She has been messing us around a little but I'm sure your beautiful wreath will get some attention. Here's hoping Spring comes knocking soon

    1. You have to have a sense of humor when the weather is like this, Michelle! Here's to Spring being just around the corner....thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.

  2. I sure hope mother nature gets the hint; I'm sick of all the white stuff everywhere and really miss my flip flops. :) Such a pretty wreath. Pinned.

    1. Me too! We've had quite a bit of melting the past few days, so I'm hopeful!!
      Glad you stopped by - come back again soon.

  3. What a beautiful wreath! Great job and thanks for sharing on To Grandma's House We Go!

  4. I love it when I can create things for free, like you did your wreath. The tulips are the perfect touch for Spring! Thanks for sharing with SYC.

    1. Thank you, Jann, 'free' is my favorite word!
      Happy to share - have a great week.

  5. Your wreath is gorgeous and I especially like that you were able to create the wreath with grapevine leaves. Its so full and large and colourful. Very very nicely done.

    1. Thank you so much, Leanna. The vines in the backyard were a real bonus, now I want to get more and try more projects with them.
      So glad you stopped by the Cottage. Come back again soon.

  6. That's a beauty, Ann! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

  7. The tulips look wonderful! Thanks for sharing with Party in Your PJs!


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Break Out Those Wine Corks!

Wine Cork Wreath

How To Decoupage Dresser Drawers - With Napkins!

No More Polycrylic for My Tables!