Skip to main content

Frankenstein & His Bride


Halloween will be here in a couple of days and if you need a quick craft - I've got you covered!

This was another of my "Spur Of The Moment" ideas.  I was working on a Christmas craft (that I'll share soon) using paint stirrers.
This part of the paint stirrer was actually 'scrap' from the other project, but I hated to waste it, so, I grabbed some paint and got to work.  This shade of green wasn't my first choice, but, since this project was 'spur of the moment', and I wasn't running to the store, I couldn't be picky.  
After the green paint dried, I painted some black hair and glued on two eyes.  With a sharpie, a nose, mouth, and some scars were added.  On the 'Bride' some red lips and white streaks completed her look.  

So what do you do with them?  Add a magnet to the back and you have a new refrigerator magnet, or, glue a pin on the back and wear it on your jacket.  
This would also be a great project to do with kids, don't you think?

Thanks for stopping by...I'm off to the store to find the right shade of green.  Feel free to follow, share, and/or pin!  

Happy Halloween - from Frank & His Bride!

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Roseann, I'm so glad you stopped by & I hope you'll be back again soon!

      Delete
  2. How cute! I love the idea of using them as magnets. Thanks for sharing at Snickerdoodle. Pinning to my Halloween board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beverly. Nice to see you back again - thanks for the 'pin'!
      Ann

      Delete
  3. fun idea!! I love making magnets with the kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shauna - Happy Halloween!

      Delete
  4. This looks like so much fun! I will have to do this with my grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Valerie. I'm sure they'll love it!

      Delete
  5. Stopping by from Sunday's Best Linkup. I love your Frankenstein & His Bride. This would be a great craft to do with my grandchildren. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rhonda - always happy to share!

      Delete
  6. Love these guys! Thanks for sharing on Pleasures of the NW's DIY party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so creative and clever, dear Ann :) Have a beautiful week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stephanie. You are so kind!

      Delete
  8. This is darling. Love the Mr. & Mrs Frankenstein. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity at DI&DI.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I make holiday cards for relatives and friends; these would be lovely to add to a card for the grands who are young enough to get a giggle from these characters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. This is definitely a craft for the kiddos!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To Decoupage Dresser Drawers - With Napkins!

Welcome back!  Last week you saw a garage sale dresser transformed with paint and decoupaged napkins.  If you missed it, click here

Today I have a little tutorial showing how it was done.  Let's get started, shall we?

The drawers were sanded down to bare wood and the edges were painted black to match the rest of the dresser.  The napkins were found at the Dollar Store.
Notice they are 2-ply napkins?  You only need one, so separate those layers! Iron the one-layer.  It helps when you are ready to lay it down on the wet decoupage medium.   Since the napkins were not wide enough to cover the entire drawer, I was going to have to piece them together.  These napkins also had a very definite pattern that was going to need matching, so it was time for some measuring.  I found the middle of the drawer and matched it to the middle of the napkin.  Then I marked the edges of the napkin on the edge of the drawer with chalk.  See the white (chalk) dot? There are actually two of them as guides for …

Spring Grapevine Wreath

You may have heard about all the snow in the northeast.  Fortunately, we didn't get as much as some areas, but the white stuff is still EVERYWHERE!  Since Mother Nature seems to be off her meds again, I created a wreath to encourage her to deliver some Springtime weather.
Last month I bundled up and trudged through the snow to grab some of the vines that were growing wild.  If you missed it, you can read about it HERE.  In addition to the grapevine heart, I made this wreath.   It was an easy process that involved about 9 lengths of vine that were about 6' each.  I started by making a circle with one and winding the vine around it.  I kept adding, winding, and wrapping vines...  ...until I got to a size I liked. The finished wreath is 18 inches in diameter.
I bought 4 bunches of tulips for $2 each and some burlap ribbon for $1.  That's right, the total cost was $9! Since I want to use this wreath for several seasons, the tulips and the bow were attached with wire.  In a few months…

The Poplar Chest of Drawers

It's been a bit of a whirlwind around here with cutting and sanding.  Winter will be here before we know it and it will be too cold for those activities!  
So, I bring to you - this little chest of drawers that was advertised on a garage sale site:
This is a small chest, only about 40 inches tall, but perfect for small-space living.  Advertised on-line, it looked like this: It had that lovely orange, 1940's look, but it was solid wood.  The original plan was to paint it black and give the drawers a lovely stain to show-off the wood grain.  Out came the sander and here's what I found: Poplar!   Poplar is and inexpensive hardwood. The tell-tale green tint gives it away.  It is usually painted because poplar is notorious for being 'blotchy' when stained.   On to Plan B!  After all, it was solid wood and and the drawers were dovetailed. The chest itself was painted with 2 coats of Ink Chalk Paint (available at your local discount store that begins with a 'W'), distres…