Skip to main content

Meet My Monster

The Monster Plant, that is!  
Last summer a friend told me he had several jade plants and asked me if I would like one.  Being a plant-lover I said, "Yes!".  What I was expecting and what I received were very different.  I thought I'd get a plant that was, maybe, 6 inches tall...here's what came home with me:
Let me give you some perspective by putting a Mason jar next to it:
This jade plant lived all summer on my front porch and did grow...a little bit.  For the winter, it has taken up residence in the dining room and seems to be quite happy.  Over the weekend, I took off one of the pieces that was draped over the side of the pot and replanted it.
I think I could repot a few more...let me know if you want one!

It's going to be a quiet week around the cottage.  I'm having surgery for carpal tunnel, so, I have no projects planned, but, have no fear...I'll be back next week!  

Have a wonderful week and thank you for stopping by the Cottage.

Linking to:




Comments

  1. Lovely plant and good luck with your surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is certainly a healthy Jade plant, and I've heard that they really do root very well from cuttings. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol...so far, the cutting is doing well!

      Delete
  3. How pretty! I don't have much luck with plants at all. I wish I did! I have managed to keep a miniature indoor rose plant alive for almost two years. That's a major accomplishment for me! Thanks for sharing your pretty Jade plant with us at Snickerdoodle Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beverly. I should send you a piece fo this one - so far, it's impossible to kill!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All-Natural Weed Killer - That Works!

Summer is finally here!  The flowers are blooming, the grass is growing, and so are the weeds!

So many times I hear people ask how to kill weeds without harmful chemicals.  Here is my solution:
I start with a 24 ounce spray bottle and cover the bottom with salt.  I held it up to the light so you could see how much salt I use...since I don't measure it! Then, I fill it up with vinegar and add a few drops of dish soap.  Any brand will do since it just helps the solution stick to the leaves.  Shake it up and don't forget to label the bottle. The only thing left to do is spray the weeds.  As you can see, I got this one good and wet. Two hours later... Isn't that amazing?   I've been using this solution for years and it's never let me down.  One thing I will tell you, though, it seems to work better on a sunny day.   Do you have a 'go-to' weed killer?  Be sure to tell us about it in the comments.  As, always, thanks for stopping by and Happy Father's Day to all the …

How To Decoupage Dresser Drawers - With Napkins!

Welcome back!  Last week you saw a garage sale dresser transformed with paint and decoupaged napkins.  If you missed it, click here

Today I have a little tutorial showing how it was done.  Let's get started, shall we?

The drawers were sanded down to bare wood and the edges were painted black to match the rest of the dresser.  The napkins were found at the Dollar Store.
Notice they are 2-ply napkins?  You only need one, so separate those layers! Iron the one-layer.  It helps when you are ready to lay it down on the wet decoupage medium.   Since the napkins were not wide enough to cover the entire drawer, I was going to have to piece them together.  These napkins also had a very definite pattern that was going to need matching, so it was time for some measuring.  I found the middle of the drawer and matched it to the middle of the napkin.  Then I marked the edges of the napkin on the edge of the drawer with chalk.  See the white (chalk) dot? There are actually two of them as guides for …

Spring Grapevine Wreath

You may have heard about all the snow in the northeast.  Fortunately, we didn't get as much as some areas, but the white stuff is still EVERYWHERE!  Since Mother Nature seems to be off her meds again, I created a wreath to encourage her to deliver some Springtime weather.
Last month I bundled up and trudged through the snow to grab some of the vines that were growing wild.  If you missed it, you can read about it HERE.  In addition to the grapevine heart, I made this wreath.   It was an easy process that involved about 9 lengths of vine that were about 6' each.  I started by making a circle with one and winding the vine around it.  I kept adding, winding, and wrapping vines...  ...until I got to a size I liked. The finished wreath is 18 inches in diameter.
I bought 4 bunches of tulips for $2 each and some burlap ribbon for $1.  That's right, the total cost was $9! Since I want to use this wreath for several seasons, the tulips and the bow were attached with wire.  In a few months…