Liebster Award - Let Me Introduce Myself!

Last week, Kimberley at Seaside Ave nominated me for the Liebster Award.  This award is German in origin and is a great way for bloggers to "pay it forward" and make new friends in Blogland.



Thank you so much, Kimberley.  Let's get started on the details:
The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award 
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. 
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post.
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
My Questions:

1. Why did you start blogging?
I started this blog to document the ‘journey’ of turning this house into a home.  We purchased this little cottage from the estate of the original owners.  That’s right, it was built in 1940 and we are only the 2nd owners.  Pretty cool, huh?
2. What’s your favorite hobby?
That’s a tough one, since I have several:  reading, scrapbooking/paper-crafting, DIYing, cooking & baking, but, I think my all-time favorite is gardening.  There’s something therapeutic about digging in the dirt.
3. Which blog post are you most proud of and why?
The Card Catalog Coffee Table.  I’ve wanted one for years and was SO excited to finally have one.  It also doesn’t hurt that it was featured at The Dedicated House, Before & After Wednesday!
4. What’s your favorite baked good?
Chocolate cake – and HERE is my favorite one, so far!
5. Coffee or Tea?
Tea.  I never acquired a taste for coffee.
6.  If you could move anywhere, where would it be?
I would move to a magical place where the temperatures are always mild (mid-70s), where I could have a house with a fabulous front porch and gardens.  Let me know where that place is, would you? 
7. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
8. What’s the first blog you remember reading regularly?
Pioneer Woman
9. What are 11 random facts about yourself?
·         I retired last year after 28 years in the field of education.
·         I’m a worrier.
·         I love to read.
·         I LOVE chocolate.
·         I know how to shoot a gun.
·         I get more excited about going to a flea market or yard sale than I do about going to the mall.
·         I want to write a children’s book.
·         I love to cook & bake.
·         I am hopelessly addicted to Pinterest…I hope you follow me!
·         Someday, I want to win the lottery so I can buy an old Victorian to renovate and not go  bankrupt.
·         My dream is to have a little shop to sell antiques, collectibles, and recycled/upcycled items.
10.  What 5 things would top your gratitude list?
·         My husband
·         My children
·         My health
·         My friends – there are only a few that I TRULY consider friends.
·         The kindness of others.
11. What is your favorite color?
       Blue, no doubt about it!

I am nominating the following blogs:



Here are your questions:
1.  How did you choose your blog's name?
2.  What is your favorite food?
3.  What is your favorite quote?
4.  If you could have dinner with anyone, who would it be & why?
5.  Cat or Dog?
6.  Who is your favorite author?
7.  Winter or Summer?
8.  If you could meet one person, who would it be?  Why?
9.  What is your favorite way to waste time?
10.  What 3 words describe you?
11.  Share 11 random facts about you.


So, there you have it - the award, some info about me, and 5 new blogs to look at.  I hope you'll visit all of us and leave us a comment, or, follow us, maybe? 
Bloggers LOVE comments and new followers!

Thanks for stopping by the Cottage.  There's always something new to share, so be sure to stop by again soon!

Comments

  1. Hi Ann!
    I enjoyed reading a bit about you! ;)
    We have quite a few things in common!
    Have a wonderful week! Kimberley

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a sweet, little cottage, Ann...I recommend finding one of those programs online that you can upload pics of your home and edit colors to find the perfect choice.
    have fun choosing your colors and keep cool while you are prepping for the changes!
    JP

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Break Out Those Wine Corks!

Wine Cork Wreath

How To Decoupage Dresser Drawers - With Napkins!

No More Polycrylic for My Tables!