Skip to main content

Not Quite What I Planned...

Today's post is a bit different, due to plans changing.  I had a wonderful project to share and wasn't quite done with the post when I turned the wrong way.  I pulled a muscle in my back and it hurts to take a deep breath and move.  So, here I am with my muscle relaxers, an ice pack, and ibuprofen...not quite what I planned.  

I promise to be back next week, but in the meantime, allow me to tell you how touched I am by everyone who stops by.  This blog was started three years ago to tell the story of our little house and so much has happened since then...cleaning, painting, projects...the list goes on and on.  The most exciting thing was that people actually read the posts and left me comments!  How about that?

I know I'll never be famous with thousands of followers, but I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate every pin, share, and comment.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

That being said, I need another ice pack...see you all again soon!
Ann

Comments

  1. Oh dear Ann, take such good care of yourself as you recover from your painful pulled muscle. Time to carefully rest. Hugs.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joy. I'm getting better day-by-day, but I still can't lift anything and I have to be careful how I move. This does not work for a person who doesn't like to sit-still! LOL

      Delete
  2. Ouch! Sorry to hear about your back, get better soon!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tania...slowly, but surely!
      Ann

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All-Natural Weed Killer - That Works!

Summer is finally here!  The flowers are blooming, the grass is growing, and so are the weeds!

So many times I hear people ask how to kill weeds without harmful chemicals.  Here is my solution:
I start with a 24 ounce spray bottle and cover the bottom with salt.  I held it up to the light so you could see how much salt I use...since I don't measure it! Then, I fill it up with vinegar and add a few drops of dish soap.  Any brand will do since it just helps the solution stick to the leaves.  Shake it up and don't forget to label the bottle. The only thing left to do is spray the weeds.  As you can see, I got this one good and wet. Two hours later... Isn't that amazing?   I've been using this solution for years and it's never let me down.  One thing I will tell you, though, it seems to work better on a sunny day.   Do you have a 'go-to' weed killer?  Be sure to tell us about it in the comments.  As, always, thanks for stopping by and Happy Father's Day to all the …

How To Decoupage Dresser Drawers - With Napkins!

Welcome back!  Last week you saw a garage sale dresser transformed with paint and decoupaged napkins.  If you missed it, click here

Today I have a little tutorial showing how it was done.  Let's get started, shall we?

The drawers were sanded down to bare wood and the edges were painted black to match the rest of the dresser.  The napkins were found at the Dollar Store.
Notice they are 2-ply napkins?  You only need one, so separate those layers! Iron the one-layer.  It helps when you are ready to lay it down on the wet decoupage medium.   Since the napkins were not wide enough to cover the entire drawer, I was going to have to piece them together.  These napkins also had a very definite pattern that was going to need matching, so it was time for some measuring.  I found the middle of the drawer and matched it to the middle of the napkin.  Then I marked the edges of the napkin on the edge of the drawer with chalk.  See the white (chalk) dot? There are actually two of them as guides for …

Spring Grapevine Wreath

You may have heard about all the snow in the northeast.  Fortunately, we didn't get as much as some areas, but the white stuff is still EVERYWHERE!  Since Mother Nature seems to be off her meds again, I created a wreath to encourage her to deliver some Springtime weather.
Last month I bundled up and trudged through the snow to grab some of the vines that were growing wild.  If you missed it, you can read about it HERE.  In addition to the grapevine heart, I made this wreath.   It was an easy process that involved about 9 lengths of vine that were about 6' each.  I started by making a circle with one and winding the vine around it.  I kept adding, winding, and wrapping vines...  ...until I got to a size I liked. The finished wreath is 18 inches in diameter.
I bought 4 bunches of tulips for $2 each and some burlap ribbon for $1.  That's right, the total cost was $9! Since I want to use this wreath for several seasons, the tulips and the bow were attached with wire.  In a few months…