Pocket Angels

It's time for one last project before taking my annual holiday break.  December sure is flying by, isn't it?  I've been collecting the pockets from old jeans for a while and finally decided on a project.  

After cutting the pocket from the jeans, I cut away the back, so all that was left was the front and the stitched edge.  I started by gathering the pocket in an accordian fold.
Next, I used some heavy thread and ran a stitch through all the layers a couple of times, then wrapped the thread around the outside and tied it off.
A wood ball was glued on for the head and the outside edges were sewn together.  A piece of lace was tied around the middle and some scrapbook embellishments created a halo.  
A small fabric poinsettia was added for a little color and the angel was done. Since I had the materials, I made a few more.
I still have some more pockets left, so I'll need to think of more ideas for them.  What have you used pockets for?  I'd love to hear your ideas!

Wishing you and your family a very Happy Holiday Season.  We are spending time with our children so I'll be back in January to share some new projects.  
Until then, enjoy the holidays and thank you for taking the time to visit the Cottage.  Every comment. share, and pin is truly appreciated!
See you in 2018!

Comments

  1. Wow, this is so clever, I love the angels! Happy holidays to you too :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Have a wonderful holiday!

      Delete
  2. Those are so flipping cute! What a great idea. Thanks for sharing this at the Dishing It & Digging It Link Party. Hope you found some new friends and had fun too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine. It's always a pleasure to visit your link party!

      Delete
  3. That is such a sweet idea, so clever and such a pretty ornament.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie. Have a great holiday season!

      Delete
  4. What a creative way to recycle jeans. The angels are adorable. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year. Thanks for sharing on Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rhonda. Merry Christmas to you and yours as well!

      Delete
  5. I love all crafts denim and this is just so sweet and simple. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Claire. I'm so glad you stopped by - come back again soon, won't you?

      Delete
  6. Adorable little angels! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the angels. Can you explain what you meant when you said, “A wood ball was glued on for the head and the outside edges were sewn together. “ what outside edges? Thank so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you look at the photo with the arrow pointing to the middle you can see space on either side of the gathering. I actually' tacked down' the top edges to the bottom (part way across) on either side, eliminating the space. You can see the difference in the final photo. I hope that helps!

      Delete
  8. What a cute idea! Love finding projects for old jeans! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Break Out Those Wine Corks!

Wine Cork Wreath

How To Decoupage Dresser Drawers - With Napkins!

No More Polycrylic for My Tables!