Skip to main content

Minestrone

How about some soup?  After having every kind of weather this weekend - that's right, temperatures near 70 turned into thunder and lightning, changing to snow  - I thought a nice pot of soup was in order.  

Ingredients:
3 - 14 &1/2  oz. cans beef broth
2 - 15 oz. cans canellini beans - rinsed & drained
1 - 14 &1/2 oz can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
1 - 1 &1/2 oz can vegetable juice
1 - 6 oz. can tomato paste
2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 12-14 oz. package frozen mixed vegetables
2 cups cooked pasta (1 cup uncooked) I used Ditalini 
Grated Parmesan cheese

Combine the first 7 ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil.  
Add the mixed vegetables, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add cooked pasta and remove from heat.

Ladle into bowls, sprinkle with Parmesan.

Serves 8.

How's that for easy?  

Here's hoping the weather calms down...I'm really ready for Spring!

Featured at:





Linking to:

Comments

  1. This looks and sounds perfect for a cold day! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! Don't you love that you can just dump everything in the pot and it's done?

      Delete
  2. This is a dish I actually don't have a recipe for. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Brag About it! Pinned to share :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to share, Laurie. Thank you so much for pinning!

      Delete
  3. Looks and sounds amazing! Thank you for sharing! You are one of the features at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week's bash. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2017/03/make-pretty-monday-week-209.html Have a happy week! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Minestrone is my most favourite soup, but I make mine a little differently to yours Ann. I'll definitely be giving this recipe a try.
    Thank you for sharing at Create, Bake, Grow & Gather this week. I'm delighted to be featuring your recipe at today's party.
    Hugs, Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To Decoupage Dresser Drawers - With Napkins!

Welcome back!  Last week you saw a garage sale dresser transformed with paint and decoupaged napkins.  If you missed it, click here

Today I have a little tutorial showing how it was done.  Let's get started, shall we?

The drawers were sanded down to bare wood and the edges were painted black to match the rest of the dresser.  The napkins were found at the Dollar Store.
Notice they are 2-ply napkins?  You only need one, so separate those layers! Iron the one-layer.  It helps when you are ready to lay it down on the wet decoupage medium.   Since the napkins were not wide enough to cover the entire drawer, I was going to have to piece them together.  These napkins also had a very definite pattern that was going to need matching, so it was time for some measuring.  I found the middle of the drawer and matched it to the middle of the napkin.  Then I marked the edges of the napkin on the edge of the drawer with chalk.  See the white (chalk) dot? There are actually two of them as guides for …

Spring Grapevine Wreath

You may have heard about all the snow in the northeast.  Fortunately, we didn't get as much as some areas, but the white stuff is still EVERYWHERE!  Since Mother Nature seems to be off her meds again, I created a wreath to encourage her to deliver some Springtime weather.
Last month I bundled up and trudged through the snow to grab some of the vines that were growing wild.  If you missed it, you can read about it HERE.  In addition to the grapevine heart, I made this wreath.   It was an easy process that involved about 9 lengths of vine that were about 6' each.  I started by making a circle with one and winding the vine around it.  I kept adding, winding, and wrapping vines...  ...until I got to a size I liked. The finished wreath is 18 inches in diameter.
I bought 4 bunches of tulips for $2 each and some burlap ribbon for $1.  That's right, the total cost was $9! Since I want to use this wreath for several seasons, the tulips and the bow were attached with wire.  In a few months…

The Poplar Chest of Drawers

It's been a bit of a whirlwind around here with cutting and sanding.  Winter will be here before we know it and it will be too cold for those activities!  
So, I bring to you - this little chest of drawers that was advertised on a garage sale site:
This is a small chest, only about 40 inches tall, but perfect for small-space living.  Advertised on-line, it looked like this: It had that lovely orange, 1940's look, but it was solid wood.  The original plan was to paint it black and give the drawers a lovely stain to show-off the wood grain.  Out came the sander and here's what I found: Poplar!   Poplar is and inexpensive hardwood. The tell-tale green tint gives it away.  It is usually painted because poplar is notorious for being 'blotchy' when stained.   On to Plan B!  After all, it was solid wood and and the drawers were dovetailed. The chest itself was painted with 2 coats of Ink Chalk Paint (available at your local discount store that begins with a 'W'), distres…