Skip to main content

Party In Your PJs #240

Happy New Year and welcome back to Party In Your PJs where your posts will be seen on three different blogs each week.  I hope you find something that inspires you and you share something to inspire others! 

Let's meet the Co-Hosts:




This week I shared my Laundry Detergent Dispenser Cover

Here are my features:
How to Style a Christmas Vintage Printers Tray - Pillar Box Blue
When flea market season arrives and you find one of these, you'll know what to do with it!

There's no such thing as too many gift ideas!

I know you may be thinking, 'Really, Ann? Christmas ideas?'  
Let's face it,  it's never too early to start planning for Christmas.  Who's with me?

Make sure you visit the other Co-hosts at their blogs.  We each  choose our own features.


I can't wait to see what you have to share, so let's get the party started!

Rules:
Link to your post, not your home page.
Link to something YOU made, wrote, or thought.
No Etsy or business pages.
Link Parties, Roundups, and Giveaways are welcome.
Don't link and run! Please visit other links, make friends, learn something new, and leave a comment - because we all love comments!

By linking to Party In Your PJs, you give us permission to use your photos in features or round-ups.  You also give us permission to promote your post on our blogs and other social media sites such as Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and G+.  Proper credit and links will be given.
Please do not pin from these thumbnails.  If there is a project or recipe you want to pin, please click on the link title to visit the source and pin from that blog.


Inlinkz Link Party

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To Decoupage Dresser Drawers - With Napkins!

Welcome back!  Last week you saw a garage sale dresser transformed with paint and decoupaged napkins.  If you missed it, click here

Today I have a little tutorial showing how it was done.  Let's get started, shall we?

The drawers were sanded down to bare wood and the edges were painted black to match the rest of the dresser.  The napkins were found at the Dollar Store.
Notice they are 2-ply napkins?  You only need one, so separate those layers! Iron the one-layer.  It helps when you are ready to lay it down on the wet decoupage medium.   Since the napkins were not wide enough to cover the entire drawer, I was going to have to piece them together.  These napkins also had a very definite pattern that was going to need matching, so it was time for some measuring.  I found the middle of the drawer and matched it to the middle of the napkin.  Then I marked the edges of the napkin on the edge of the drawer with chalk.  See the white (chalk) dot? There are actually two of them as guides for …

The Water-Logged China Cabinet

Here's the back story on this piece... The storage unit we rented was in an old factory and they were cleaning-out.  When we arrived with the movers (same company) I spotted the china cabinet that had been left out in the rain for a loooong time.  It was warped, split, peeling, and had no glass.  Since I'm an idiot...ahem, love a challenge, I offered to buy it.  The owner told me to take it - no charge.  He also gave me the maple table for free.  If you missed that makeover, click HERE.  Since I had no room for the china cabinet, it sat there until we moved into the new Cottage.  
The china cabinet made it as far as the back porch and as soon as we were 'settled' aka: had a functional kitchen and bathroom, I got to work. The original plan was to reglue the veneer and try to add stain to blend in what was missing.  That plan was tossed aside as soon as I realized the extent of the water damage.  Take a closer look:


The more sanding I did, the more veneer came off. It was s…

Grandma's Sewing Box

You've seen the meme:  Grandma Had It, Mom Threw It Out, I Bought It Back.  The story of this little sewing box fits it to a 'T'.  While walking through the local thrift store, I saw this sewing box sitting on a bottom shelf.  My grandmother had one just like it and to be honest, I have no idea what happened to it.  But here was another one, looking pretty humble.
The finish was worn, the veneer was chipped, and it was only $2!  
It came home with me. The first step was to glue all the loose veneer on the legs:
I used wood glue and added binder clips to act as clamps...there's a little tip for you! After the glue was dry, I did some filling with wood putty, sanded, and painted the legs, sides, and top with Ocean chalk paint. 
After two coats, I distressed the edges and it was time for decoupage! I scuffed the finish a bit with 220 grit sandpaper and wiped away the dust. The Mod Podge was brushed on, making sure to get it into the edge.   After separating the layers, I placed …