Christmas Countdown Box

It's December so it's time to start sharing some Christmas projects.  This sweet little Countdown Box was made several years ago, but can easily be replicated today.  

The original box and cards are no longer available, but, no worries, I found this cute little box at Walmart that will work perfectly.  Grab some chipboard from your local craft store and you're good to go!

The original box was white, so I inked the edges and glued scrapbook paper to the top and sides.  A little pom pom fringe and a button were added to dress it up and it was done.  Since you've already run out to the store and purchased that cute box I just showed you, you are ready to decorate the cards.  
I typed out my 24 activities ( which I will share at the end of this post) and printed them on cardstock.  They were cut to size, and stamped.  After inking the edges and adding scrapbook paper to the cards, the activities were glued on.  I also added numbers with a circle punch and stamps.  

Now, I know you're thinking that it's already December and there's no way you'll get this craft done today.  No problem!  For this year, make it a 12-Days of Christmas Countdown BoxI'm a problem solver! 😉  
The whole process went quickly and it's such fun to pull out a card each day!  

Here's the list of activities I used:

  • Hang a wreath
  • Make paper snowflakes
  • Hang Christmas lights
  • String popcorn
  • Sing Christmas carols
  • Decorate the tree
  • Make Christmas cards
  • Bake cookies
  • Watch "A Christmas Story"
  • Make hot cocoa
  • Write a letter to Santa
  • Take a drive to see the Christmas lights
  • Write & send Christmas cards
  • Bring a toy to a Christmas charity
  • Make Gingerbread Men
  • Go Christmas shopping
  • Wrap presents
  • Visit Santa
  • Read "The Night Before Christmas"
  • Drink eggnog
  • Make handmade ornaments
  • Listen to Christmas music
  • Make a gingerbread house
  • Watch "A Charlie Brown Christmas"
I'm sure you have some that are special to your family, so feel free to add your own, delete some, and put them in any order.  I just wanted to give you some ideas. 

On another note, I know I promised to share what I did with those wine cups, but I wanted to get the countdown box shared asap.  

I absolutely promise to share the wine cups next time, now that you know how to get the adhesive off them.  If you missed my no chemical solution, click HERE to learn about it.  

See you next week!

I hope you'll pin, share, comment, and follow.  If you click on those 3 little lines at the top right of the blog, you'll see where to find me...or click on 'share'. 

Comments

  1. Adorable! I love it. And I think your count down ideas are awesome. Most of them would be on my list, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim. It certainly helps you get into the Christmas Spirit!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea!! Especially for kids!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea. Pinning for next year. Please stop by Over The Moon Linky party since you are being featured.
    https://eclecticredbarn.blogspot.com/2018/12/over-moon-linky-party_9.html

    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, Ann! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to share some quality time with the family! Thank you for sharing with us at The Blogger's Pit Stop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Roseann. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Break Out Those Wine Corks!

Wine Cork Wreath

How To Decoupage Dresser Drawers - With Napkins!

No More Polycrylic for My Tables!