Skip to main content

Velour Pumpkins

November is flying so I wanted to share these velour pumpkins and wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.  A short post today since these pumpkins have been all over the internet and, of course, I had to make some!
I made two sizes in two colors and there not real velvet or velour.  Go to the fabric store and ask for crushed panne.  It's a LOT less expensive!
Since I saved some pumpkin stems from last year, I used them on the big ones.  
The small ones got branches for stems, but they did get a bit "dressed-up".
In case you're wondering how the stems were attached, I used tacky glue and a rubber band:

That's it!
It's that time of year when I take a couple of weeks off for Thanksgiving.  I'll be back in December with some projects, then it's off for Christmas. 

Wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving.  
See you in December!


Featured at:

Linking to:

Comments

  1. I love your pretty velvet pumpkins you made. Thanks for sharing at C&C with J&J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Tania. So glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  3. They are beautiful Ann, great tips on fabric choice and stem attaching too - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are SO welcome. Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  4. Hi. Love the Velour Pumpkins--Two Chicks and a Mom Featured them today at Snickerdoodle Link Party. Hope you can visit again!
    https://twochicksandamom.blogspot.com/2017/11/thanksgiving-ideas-and-snickerdoodle.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I really appreciate the share!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All-Natural Weed Killer - That Works!

Summer is finally here!  The flowers are blooming, the grass is growing, and so are the weeds!

So many times I hear people ask how to kill weeds without harmful chemicals.  Here is my solution:
I start with a 24 ounce spray bottle and cover the bottom with salt.  I held it up to the light so you could see how much salt I use...since I don't measure it! Then, I fill it up with vinegar and add a few drops of dish soap.  Any brand will do since it just helps the solution stick to the leaves.  Shake it up and don't forget to label the bottle. The only thing left to do is spray the weeds.  As you can see, I got this one good and wet. Two hours later... Isn't that amazing?   I've been using this solution for years and it's never let me down.  One thing I will tell you, though, it seems to work better on a sunny day.   Do you have a 'go-to' weed killer?  Be sure to tell us about it in the comments.  As, always, thanks for stopping by and Happy Father's Day to all the …

How To Decoupage Dresser Drawers - With Napkins!

Welcome back!  Last week you saw a garage sale dresser transformed with paint and decoupaged napkins.  If you missed it, click here

Today I have a little tutorial showing how it was done.  Let's get started, shall we?

The drawers were sanded down to bare wood and the edges were painted black to match the rest of the dresser.  The napkins were found at the Dollar Store.
Notice they are 2-ply napkins?  You only need one, so separate those layers! Iron the one-layer.  It helps when you are ready to lay it down on the wet decoupage medium.   Since the napkins were not wide enough to cover the entire drawer, I was going to have to piece them together.  These napkins also had a very definite pattern that was going to need matching, so it was time for some measuring.  I found the middle of the drawer and matched it to the middle of the napkin.  Then I marked the edges of the napkin on the edge of the drawer with chalk.  See the white (chalk) dot? There are actually two of them as guides for …

Spring Grapevine Wreath

You may have heard about all the snow in the northeast.  Fortunately, we didn't get as much as some areas, but the white stuff is still EVERYWHERE!  Since Mother Nature seems to be off her meds again, I created a wreath to encourage her to deliver some Springtime weather.
Last month I bundled up and trudged through the snow to grab some of the vines that were growing wild.  If you missed it, you can read about it HERE.  In addition to the grapevine heart, I made this wreath.   It was an easy process that involved about 9 lengths of vine that were about 6' each.  I started by making a circle with one and winding the vine around it.  I kept adding, winding, and wrapping vines...  ...until I got to a size I liked. The finished wreath is 18 inches in diameter.
I bought 4 bunches of tulips for $2 each and some burlap ribbon for $1.  That's right, the total cost was $9! Since I want to use this wreath for several seasons, the tulips and the bow were attached with wire.  In a few months…