Skip to main content

A Little Bit of Halloween

Halloween is just a few days away and I want to share the last of my Halloween projects.  First up is the Witch's Boot:


There are no step-by-step pictures, but this started with drawing a pattern and cutting it out of pallet wood.  Two pieces were needed, so the seam was filled-in with wood dough, sanded smooth, and painted black.  The edges were distressed and holes were drilled for the laces.  
A piece of black scrapbook paper was cut to fit and heat-embossed with spider webs and spiders.  It was then decoupaged on the wood.


The top 'brim' of the boot was painted purple and some black stripes were added.  At this point, the boot was sprayed with clear sealant.

A piece of tulle was threaded through the holes and tied in a bow.  


I'm pretty sure this is what every well-dressed witch will be wearing this season!

Next is one for the kiddos:
This little ghost was also made with pallet wood and painted white.  The face was painted on with black paint and he was done.
Thanks for stopping by the Cottage.  May your Halloween be filled with lots of treats and no tricks!

Comments

  1. I love the witch's boot! What a fun decor piece. Thanks for sharing at Snickerdoodle. Pinning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beverly - appreciate the pin. Come back again soon!

      Delete
  2. Two beautiful Halloween creations, Ann. I love them! Happy Halloween, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mia...Happy Halloween to you too!

      Delete
  3. The scrapbook paper made such a fun design! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Scrapbook paper/tools make things so much easier!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To Decoupage Dresser Drawers - With Napkins!

Welcome back!  Last week you saw a garage sale dresser transformed with paint and decoupaged napkins.  If you missed it, click here

Today I have a little tutorial showing how it was done.  Let's get started, shall we?

The drawers were sanded down to bare wood and the edges were painted black to match the rest of the dresser.  The napkins were found at the Dollar Store.
Notice they are 2-ply napkins?  You only need one, so separate those layers! Iron the one-layer.  It helps when you are ready to lay it down on the wet decoupage medium.   Since the napkins were not wide enough to cover the entire drawer, I was going to have to piece them together.  These napkins also had a very definite pattern that was going to need matching, so it was time for some measuring.  I found the middle of the drawer and matched it to the middle of the napkin.  Then I marked the edges of the napkin on the edge of the drawer with chalk.  See the white (chalk) dot? There are actually two of them as guides for …

All-Natural Weed Killer - That Works!

Summer is finally here!  The flowers are blooming, the grass is growing, and so are the weeds!

So many times I hear people ask how to kill weeds without harmful chemicals.  Here is my solution:
I start with a 24 ounce spray bottle and cover the bottom with salt.  I held it up to the light so you could see how much salt I use...since I don't measure it! Then, I fill it up with vinegar and add a few drops of dish soap.  Any brand will do since it just helps the solution stick to the leaves.  Shake it up and don't forget to label the bottle. The only thing left to do is spray the weeds.  As you can see, I got this one good and wet. Two hours later... Isn't that amazing?   I've been using this solution for years and it's never let me down.  One thing I will tell you, though, it seems to work better on a sunny day.   Do you have a 'go-to' weed killer?  Be sure to tell us about it in the comments.  As, always, thanks for stopping by and Happy Father's Day to all the …

The Water-Logged China Cabinet

Here's the back story on this piece... The storage unit we rented was in an old factory and they were cleaning-out.  When we arrived with the movers (same company) I spotted the china cabinet that had been left out in the rain for a loooong time.  It was warped, split, peeling, and had no glass.  Since I'm an idiot...ahem, love a challenge, I offered to buy it.  The owner told me to take it - no charge.  He also gave me the maple table for free.  If you missed that makeover, click HERE.  Since I had no room for the china cabinet, it sat there until we moved into the new Cottage.  
The china cabinet made it as far as the back porch and as soon as we were 'settled' aka: had a functional kitchen and bathroom, I got to work. The original plan was to reglue the veneer and try to add stain to blend in what was missing.  That plan was tossed aside as soon as I realized the extent of the water damage.  Take a closer look:


The more sanding I did, the more veneer came off. It was s…