The best thing about this project is it's totally FREE, that's right, I didn't have to spend a dime! The first thing I had to do was take a walk and use my clippers to cut some tall weeds and small branches. Here's what I collected:
The small branches:
I left my foot in the picture to help show the size of these branches.
I grabbed some of the weeds and started placing them around one end of the branch. It's only fair to tell you, I thought hot glue would help keep them in place - WRONG! The glue did not stick, and in all honesty, everything stayed in place just fine without it.
Here's another look at this step:
Then I started wrapping twine around them:
When it looked like enough twine and everything felt secure, I tied off the ends and tucked them in.
I had enough raw materials to make two brooms:
To see how these little beauties are used, stop back again soon...I'm still working on the rest of the project.....It involves the jigsaw I recently received as a birthday gift!
Thank you so much for stopping by the Cottage. I've been 'missing' for a few weeks due to some medical issues that involve a herniated disc in my neck and possibly carpal tunnel in my hand. I start physical therapy this week and I still have one more test, an EMG. In the mean time, I have a new accessory:
Fortunately, I only have to wear it at night!
See you soon...feel free to share, pin, tweet this post. Don't miss a thing by following. We love making new friends!