Redhead Redo

Welcome back!  Today I want to show you a dresser redo that I recently completed.  Since we did not bring our bedroom furniture with us when we moved, we needed a place for clothes!
This little beauty was found in a local antique store at a reasonable price.  It had a lot going for it:
solid wood
in fairly decent shape
no SMELL!  That's a biggie for me!
Although, she was a redhead - not the color I was looking for, and the knobs?  Well, a little large for me.
So, what did I do???  I sanded and taped-off the top, the top decorative molding, and the piece around the middle (don't you love my technical terms?) and stained them a dark walnut.  The rest of the dresser and the drawers were scuffed and painted white.

Let me just share something with you.  I've read tons of posts on repainting furniture that sound quick and easy.  This project was easy, but not quick!  I used 2 coats of latex primer and 3 coats of white latex paint.  I also used a brush. Spending big bucks on a paint sprayer just is not in my budget!
Although I am very happy with the results, this is not a project that will completed in a day.  I don't want to mislead anyone!
Here she is, all done.  I purchased new knobs...they're not cheap either!  Have no fear, the old ones will be recycled into something new.
Now we have a place for clothes - No more crates!!!  It's the little things that make me happy.

I hope you're having a wonderful week.  Stay warm, winter seems to be here!

Linking to:

Comments

  1. What an absolutely great transformation! Thanks so much for sharing it on Merry Monday. I've shared on Twitter & my FB fanpage! Hope you can link up again tonight at 6pm PST.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Break Out Those Wine Corks!

Wine Cork Wreath

How To Decoupage Dresser Drawers - With Napkins!

No More Polycrylic for My Tables!