Skip to main content

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

Even  though today was warm, we had some cold weather last week, and, I'm pretty sure more is on the horizon!  
My hubby has been feeling a draft on his feet, so I decided to make some draft-stoppers.  This is one of the easiest projects to complete.  I used some leftover fabric and a couple of bags of rice.  Here's the "How-To":
First, cut your fabric a little longer than the width of your door & 8 inches wide.  
With right sides together, stitch around 3 sides.  I made 2 lines of stitching for a little extra security for all of that rice!
I clipped the corners and turned the tube right side out.
I filled it with about a bag and a half of rice.  The amount of rice needed will depend on the width of your door.
Filler up and stitch-up the end.  Don't forget to measure it by your door to get a perfect fit.  I also made a loop to hang it on the doorknob for when you needed to open the door!
That's it!   Just a few minutes to make and the draft was stopped!

 Did I mention how much I love the original doors in the Cottage?

Have a wonderful week and a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Linking to:



Comments

  1. NIcely done. I like quick and easy projects like this. Your interior door is gorgeous. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving the nice words. Congratulations on your new home! xxx ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nancy. Love your blog - I'll be back to visit!

      Delete
  2. I could use one of these! Very helpful tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! This looks incredible! Pinned and tweeted. We always love partying with you, I hope to see you Monday at 7 pm at our party. Happy Saturday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To Decoupage Dresser Drawers - With Napkins!

Welcome back!  Last week you saw a garage sale dresser transformed with paint and decoupaged napkins.  If you missed it, click here

Today I have a little tutorial showing how it was done.  Let's get started, shall we?

The drawers were sanded down to bare wood and the edges were painted black to match the rest of the dresser.  The napkins were found at the Dollar Store.
Notice they are 2-ply napkins?  You only need one, so separate those layers! Iron the one-layer.  It helps when you are ready to lay it down on the wet decoupage medium.   Since the napkins were not wide enough to cover the entire drawer, I was going to have to piece them together.  These napkins also had a very definite pattern that was going to need matching, so it was time for some measuring.  I found the middle of the drawer and matched it to the middle of the napkin.  Then I marked the edges of the napkin on the edge of the drawer with chalk.  See the white (chalk) dot? There are actually two of them as guides for …

All-Natural Weed Killer - That Works!

Summer is finally here!  The flowers are blooming, the grass is growing, and so are the weeds!

So many times I hear people ask how to kill weeds without harmful chemicals.  Here is my solution:
I start with a 24 ounce spray bottle and cover the bottom with salt.  I held it up to the light so you could see how much salt I use...since I don't measure it! Then, I fill it up with vinegar and add a few drops of dish soap.  Any brand will do since it just helps the solution stick to the leaves.  Shake it up and don't forget to label the bottle. The only thing left to do is spray the weeds.  As you can see, I got this one good and wet. Two hours later... Isn't that amazing?   I've been using this solution for years and it's never let me down.  One thing I will tell you, though, it seems to work better on a sunny day.   Do you have a 'go-to' weed killer?  Be sure to tell us about it in the comments.  As, always, thanks for stopping by and Happy Father's Day to all the …

The Water-Logged China Cabinet

Here's the back story on this piece... The storage unit we rented was in an old factory and they were cleaning-out.  When we arrived with the movers (same company) I spotted the china cabinet that had been left out in the rain for a loooong time.  It was warped, split, peeling, and had no glass.  Since I'm an idiot...ahem, love a challenge, I offered to buy it.  The owner told me to take it - no charge.  He also gave me the maple table for free.  If you missed that makeover, click HERE.  Since I had no room for the china cabinet, it sat there until we moved into the new Cottage.  
The china cabinet made it as far as the back porch and as soon as we were 'settled' aka: had a functional kitchen and bathroom, I got to work. The original plan was to reglue the veneer and try to add stain to blend in what was missing.  That plan was tossed aside as soon as I realized the extent of the water damage.  Take a closer look:


The more sanding I did, the more veneer came off. It was s…