Skip to main content

The $3 Wreath

Yes, you read that correctly!  $3 - that's it.  You know how I love a deal!  
Since there's always a story, here it is... The Craft Room is still packed.  Repainting the basement has begun, so, with a little luck, it may emerge soon!  Keep your fingers crossed for me, OK?

I was really feeling the need to "get my craft on" and, while at the Dollar Store, spotted a small grapevine wreath.  Two flower springs and the wreath came home with me - total: $3.
I had already started shaping the flowers to fit the wreath when this pic was taken.

I needed 2 more items that I KNEW I had...somewhere...packed in a box...burlap ribbon and a hot glue gun.  The ribbon was found in the first box I searched - YES!  The hot glue gun was another story.  I searched through six boxes with no luck.  I knew it was there, but I was trying to avoid totally emptying the boxes because it was IMPOSSIBLE to get everything back in again.  (When I packed them for the cross-country move, it was like playing Tetra - every square inch was filled!)  Finally, the glue gun was found, snug in the bottom corner of a previously searched box!  Whew!

The bow was so easy to make.  Stay tuned for a tutorial for it.  You'll be an expert bow-maker in minutes - I promise!

It was time to assemble the wreath.  The flower stems were shaped, trimmed, and woven into the wreath with a few dabs of hot glue.  The bow was attached with some heavy-duty thread from my sewing box, and that was it.  The wreath was done! 

So there it is, the $3 Wreath!  If you decide to make one, let me know.  I'd love to see your version!

Comments

  1. I love it, I could take the one I have apart and refresh it your pattern. Thanks for sharing, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Frankenstein & His Bride

Halloween will be here in a couple of days and if you need a quick craft - I've got you covered!

This was another of my "Spur Of The Moment" ideas.  I was working on a Christmas craft (that I'll share soon) using paint stirrers. This part of the paint stirrer was actually 'scrap' from the other project, but I hated to waste it, so, I grabbed some paint and got to work.  This shade of green wasn't my first choice, but, since this project was 'spur of the moment', and I wasn't running to the store, I couldn't be picky.   After the green paint dried, I painted some black hair and glued on two eyes.  With a sharpie, a nose, mouth, and some scars were added.  On the 'Bride' some red lips and white streaks completed her look.  
So what do you do with them?  Add a magnet to the back and you have a new refrigerator magnet, or, glue a pin on the back and wear it on your jacket.   This would also be a great project to do with kids, don't you …

Candy Corn

October seems to be flying by and before you know it, Halloween will be here.  I had some wood scraps sitting in a pile, so I decided to make some candy corn.  

I made myself a pattern in two different sizes.  

This was a "spur of the moment" project, and it fought me every inch of the way.  For starters, while I was cutting one of them out, it split right down the middle.  Thanks to a little super glue, you can't tell which one, can you?
Next, I started painting and didn't use a base coat/primer.  Needless to say, I needed many coats of paint.  Yes, it was my own fault!
 Finally, I got the paint to cover and I used a sponge to transition one color to the next.  Out came the sander and the candy corn was distressed!
Time for sealer.  While I was spraying, I ended up with a drip. Because I'm so patient - NOT - I decided to fine-sand it off and re-spray it.  Well, I made a mess of it!  Not to be out-smarted by a piece of wood, I drilled a little hole:
Pretty, huh? I grabb…

Cider Donut Muffins

I want to share this recipe with you before all the apple cider disappears. I made them a few weeks ago and they were a huge hit. I can't take credit for this one, though, because I found it over at Baked By Rachel. Be sure to stop over and send her some love, OK?
Doesn't that look delicious?  Here's the recipe:
Muffin Ingredients: 1 & 1/2 C all-purpose flour1/2 C sugar1/2 C brown sugar1 tsp. baking powder1/2 tsp. baking soda1/4 tsp. salt3/4 tsp. cinnamon1/4 tsp. nutmeg3/4 C apple cider1 egg1/2 tsp. vanillaTopping Ingredients: 7 tbsp. unsalted butter - melted3/4 C sugar1 & 1/4 tsp. cinnamonPreheat oven to 350 degrees Grease muffin pan. Combine apple cider, egg, and vanilla in a medium bowl. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.  Slowly add wet to dry ingredients with mixer on low.   Once combined, pour batter into muffin pan.  I used a 1/4 cup measure for this step. Bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out cl…