The $3 Wreath

Yes, you read that correctly!  $3 - that's it.  You know how I love a deal!  
Since there's always a story, here it is... The Craft Room is still packed.  Repainting the basement has begun, so, with a little luck, it may emerge soon!  Keep your fingers crossed for me, OK?

I was really feeling the need to "get my craft on" and, while at the Dollar Store, spotted a small grapevine wreath.  Two flower springs and the wreath came home with me - total: $3.
I had already started shaping the flowers to fit the wreath when this pic was taken.

I needed 2 more items that I KNEW I had...somewhere...packed in a box...burlap ribbon and a hot glue gun.  The ribbon was found in the first box I searched - YES!  The hot glue gun was another story.  I searched through six boxes with no luck.  I knew it was there, but I was trying to avoid totally emptying the boxes because it was IMPOSSIBLE to get everything back in again.  (When I packed them for the cross-country move, it was like playing Tetra - every square inch was filled!)  Finally, the glue gun was found, snug in the bottom corner of a previously searched box!  Whew!

The bow was so easy to make.  Stay tuned for a tutorial for it.  You'll be an expert bow-maker in minutes - I promise!

It was time to assemble the wreath.  The flower stems were shaped, trimmed, and woven into the wreath with a few dabs of hot glue.  The bow was attached with some heavy-duty thread from my sewing box, and that was it.  The wreath was done! 

So there it is, the $3 Wreath!  If you decide to make one, let me know.  I'd love to see your version!

Comments

  1. I love it, I could take the one I have apart and refresh it your pattern. Thanks for sharing, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Break Out Those Wine Corks!

Wine Cork Wreath

How To Decoupage Dresser Drawers - With Napkins!

No More Polycrylic for My Tables!